Oil leak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Dryade
Vessel Make
Trawler 72
and seal .
If someone here know the characteristic of the seal behind this plate (see photo) he will be welcomed :blush:
Because I have a small leak of oil and before open/remove this plate I prefer already have the good seal in hand.
Where I am I can get only "similar" for an "original" one it could take a loooonnnger time.

On the photo you can see the "leak" (yellow arrow).

The only info I can found they don't give detail of this place:nonono:

Thanks

Attachments

• 20230509_185401.jpg
    20230509_185401.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 62
  • commande 1.JPG
    commande 1.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
Most likely o-rings, just like the other end. The thing you won’t know is what size they are.

of course

Have you attempted to tighten it before going any farther.??..>>>Dan

yes but already strongly tighten from the origin ...more could be damageable for the block, because made in alloy .

Ok it is a small leak but really I don't like when oil don't stay at her place :):lol:

That looks like a blanking flange for a typical hydraulic manifold/valve assembly. As was mentioned already, the flange typically will have a machined o-ring groove, sized according to the port size that it is blanking.

May be I will try to see even without the right one in hand.
I have may be 50 different in stock if I am lucky ....I will ave one similar :)

You can also get a kit to custom make your own sizes. I have one for those rare times I don’t have the right size on hand. I consider those temporary until I get a replacement.

For them we will

open this part.
Ok nothing jump everywhere pushed by a big spring :lol:
But when you unscrew the "flange" on the fixed par a "piston" push until it arrive at the same level of the alloy part.
Inside the cover one small O ring 52 mmx2.5 mm.
But the 2.5 mm was near the same level than the flange , may lost their characteristic.
Ordered 51 mm x 3 mm send the same day by DHL for "next day " delivery ...
One 6 days later they send it back to the factory because they can't find the address , reason "invalid post code" ...but my friend living here since 2017 and she know her ...postcode :rofl:.
Send again with option one day delivery and it take...5 days:nonono:

Ok fitted in place, start engine and for the moment no more leak :dance:
Photo if someone have a same problem one day .

Attachments

• 20230607_161501.jpg
    20230607_161501.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 35
  • 20230622_160200.jpg
    20230622_160200.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 32

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom