Outer Reef Quality

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bpgt3

Veteran Member
I am interested in getting information from those that have experience on any of the Outer Reef line of boats. I'm possibly interested in a 65MY and really don't know too much about them.
Can anyone give me a comparison between the fit and finish and build quality of the OR to say a Nordhavn or Selene? I know they are different boats in terms of hull design. I'm just looking for quality comparison.

Thanks!

Good eye, I too like the look of Outer Reef, Nordhavn, and Selene. They look like boats should look to me, the other similar to OR might be Hampton. I'm sure there is a multi brand owner on here who has owned bother all three. And wouldn't it be nice if there was a real consumer style reporting service that does comparison test. I guess the closest might be boat test? We just passed on a 65 in Hilton Head that sold with a 60 ft slip. Nice boat, the seller purchased a new 70 enclosed bridge and new 70ft slip in Harbor Town, so he its a believer. From what I understand, these guys came from Grand Alaskan to start Outer Reef.

Here is the one that sold in Harbor Town, an handsome boat and a not so shabby slip.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-04-29 at 1.54.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-04-29 at 1.54.54 PM.png
    978.1 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Good eye, I too like the look of Outer Reef, Nordhavn, and Selene. They look like boats should look to me, the other similar to OR might be Hampton. I'm sure there is a multi brand owner on here who has owned bother all three. And wouldn't it be nice if there was a real consumer style reporting service that does comparison test. I guess the closest might be boat test? We just passed on a 65 in Hilton Head that sold with a 60 ft slip. Nice boat, the seller purchased a new 70 enclosed bridge and new 70ft slip in Harbor Town, so he its a believer. From what I understand, these guys came from Grand Alaskan to start Outer Reef.

Here is the one that sold in Harbor Town, an handsome boat and a not so shabby slip.
Very nice looking boat.
Your idea for a comparison test would be fantastic. It would be nice if there was an Truly objective website, thats not getting paid by the manufacturers, to review and compare brands!

You might want to check with John Wampler.
I know John has done a lot of deliveries for Outer Reef Owners.
Captain at YachtAide.com

Attachments

• 20240422_083053[1].jpg
    20240422_083053[1].jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 20
You might want to check with John Wampler.
I know John has done a lot of deliveries for Outer Reef Owners.
Captain at YachtAide.com
Thank you. I just looked over his resume. Pretty impressive. He's done the NY / Florida trip 240 times!

Great video! Thank you!
One important comparison for me is to visit the ER in each of the three brands. Access, head room, equipment serviceability and general layout is quite different between the three.

Then comes in storage, laundry setup, getting on and off the vessel, foredeck safety and bilge access.

These are 3 very different vessels and one’s cruising goals play a big role too. Enjoy the hunt.

Back
Top Bottom