Raritan Marine Elegance on a Heritage East 36

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Raritan Marine Elegance

I can never speak highly enough about anything Raritan.

First, they have the greatest quality of goods available. We had Jabsco toilets on our Albin 43 sundeck. Sorry, not a HE.

Due to our doing the Loop we took out the fwd 1 and put in a composting toilet. Then last yr we took out the MSR toilet and put in a Marine Elegance with the smart toilet control panel.

Our head is the sea water model since we have both a holding tank and an Electra scan, we use a Raritan Y valve to select, and have never had any head smells before or now. We got the 12V model.

I think because we have a shelf that the toilet sits on that we didn't get the comfort level but had we not had that I would have.

I should add here that I purchased the fresh water model by mistake but Raritan sent me, my mistake, I paid, the necessary pump and fitting that was installed later. Not a big deal.

I did add a strainer to the setup ahead of the pump to protect that. The pump fit under my shelf, the strainer not far from the thru-hull, but it could have been placed in other locations if it was necessary.

I really like the controls. The flush uses less water if wanted so going to the holding tank using that would help extend time between pump outs.

We also have a 20g Raritan water heater which is great.

IF I need something I will check to see if Raritan makes it. IF Raritan makes it that is who I buy from.

Greatest support going as well.

Another happy ME owner here. In three years (replaced VacuFlush) just the other day I had to perform a little maintenance due to unapproved TP being used. Otherwise it's bulletproof.

Regarding smells, I just followed Peggy's advice to the letter. All new hoses (the spendy ones), installed a larger vent hose (1") and in my case because cross ventilation wasn't possible I added a small 12V aquarium pump attached to a homemade PVC "bubbler" inserted into the tank. No smell and no issues with pump out sludge. Works well.

I can never speak highly enough about anything Raritan.

First, they have the greatest quality of goods available. We had Jabsco toilets on our Albin 43 sundeck. Sorry, not a HE.

Due to our doing the Loop we took out the fwd 1 and put in a composting toilet. Then last yr we took out the MSR toilet and put in a Marine Elegance with the smart toilet control panel.

Our head is the sea water model since we have both a holding tank and an Electra scan, we use a Raritan Y valve to select, and have never had any head smells before or now. We got the 12V model.

I think because we have a shelf that the toilet sits on that we didn't get the comfort level but had we not had that I would have.

I should add here that I purchased the fresh water model by mistake but Raritan sent me, my mistake, I paid, the necessary pump and fitting that was installed later. Not a big deal.

I did add a strainer to the setup ahead of the pump to protect that. The pump fit under my shelf, the strainer not far from the thru-hull, but it could have been placed in other locations if it was necessary.

I really like the controls. The flush uses less water if wanted so going to the holding tank using that would help extend time between pump outs.

We also have a 20g Raritan water heater which is great.

IF I need something I will check to see if Raritan makes it. IF Raritan makes it that is who I buy from.

Greatest support going as well.
I don't worry about filling the holding tank. I just pump directly overboard. Am I the only one?

My biggest frustration with the Raritan Marine Elegance is actually finding what the vendor is selling!

We want:

• Raritan Marine Elegance, in white
  • Angled back
  • Tall bowl height (17", not 14")
  • 3 button multi-function flush panel (non-circuit board)
Going on the Raritan site, that is model # 230HF01201, but apparently that's a Unicorn.
When I do a search by model #, I come up with all sorts of deals, all sorts of model #'s, but many sites don't actually tell you what you are buying. They list a bunch of options, 4 button control panel, 3 button, momentary flush, or wireless, straight back, angled back, bone or white but won't say which one you are getting for the advertised price. Marine Parts Source is a prime example.

I actually ordered one from Hodges Marine. It had all the items I wanted. Fair price. I ordered, then got a confirmation that was "vague" at best as to what I had actually ordered. I called them, they couldn't confirm to me what they were actually going to send! They said, "Wait till you get it, if it isn't what you want, send it back at MY expense!" Canceled the order.
I periodically go back and look at it, but get really frustrated as to what they are actually selling!
ARRRRRRGHHHHHH!

My biggest frustration with the Raritan Marine Elegance is actually finding what the vendor is selling!

We want:

• Raritan Marine Elegance, in white
  • Angled back
  • Tall bowl height (17", not 14")
  • 3 button multi-function flush panel (non-circuit board)
Going on the Raritan site, that is model # 230HF01201, but apparently that's a Unicorn.
When I do a search by model #, I come up with all sorts of deals, all sorts of model #'s, but many sites don't actually tell you what you are buying. They list a bunch of options, 4 button control panel, 3 button, momentary flush, or wireless, straight back, angled back, bone or white but won't say which one you are getting for the advertised price. Marine Parts Source is a prime example.

I actually ordered one from Hodges Marine. It had all the items I wanted. Fair price. I ordered, then got a confirmation that was "vague" at best as to what I had actually ordered. I called them, they couldn't confirm to me what they were actually going to send! They said, "Wait till you get it, if it isn't what you want, send it back at MY expense!" Canceled the order.
I periodically go back and look at it, but get really frustrated as to what they are actually selling!
ARRRRRRGHHHHHH!

I called Raritan and told them what options I wanted and they gave me the part number. I ordered from Marine Parts Source. I wanted a 24 volt head so it was special order. MPS did a good job and had the best price for that particular head.

I called Raritan and told them what options I wanted and they gave me the part number. I ordered from Marine Parts Source. I wanted a 24 volt head so it was special order. MPS did a good job and had the best price for that particular head.

Dave, I'll call MPS directly on Monday. I haven't spoken to them directly yet. Hopefully that'll do the trick.

I DID speak to www.boatersland.com on the phone, and they told me the model # I got from Raritan was not a valid model # . . . . even though I still had the page open to the Raritan website. . . . I suggested they call Raritan and tell them.

I gave MPS the part number and had them order it. Raritan looked up the number, I spoke to customer service. Mine was an unusual model since it is 24 volts. In speaking to customer service he suggested that I may want a slant back even though I didn’t need one. Said it made it more accessible from the back fo hooking it up. He was right.

I contacted MPS this morning, and provided the Raritan model I wanted. They'll build it and get it shipped out in a few days. Best price I've seen as well. Thanks so much for all the help!

I contacted MPS this morning, and provided the Raritan model I wanted. They'll build it and get it shipped out in a few days. Best price I've seen as well. Thanks so much for all the help!

I was very pleased with their service. It showed up right on time. Good luck.

Has anyone used a 120V AC model? Noisier, quieter? Other issues?

Marine Elegance

We just installed the Marine Elegance after 40 years of using a Wilcox Crittendon Skipper head. So far, it has been great, and my wife says it is a "complete game changer". I have to agree.

Well, Peggie suggested it to me years and years ago.

You love a toilet??
Couldn't resist

Actually I do get it.

Compared to the Jabsco unit that came on our boat the ME is whisper quiet. I also went for the fresh water flush only.

We ended up purchasing two Raritan Marine Elegance heads based on Peggie's advice. The first one in January, and the 2nd one in August. Both purchased from Marine Part's Source per Dave's recommendation. Super quick delivery, best price (although the price went up $100 on the 2nd one). We couldn't be happier with them. They function flawlessly, no more smell from the decaying seawater in the bowls, and they handle, shall we say "heavy duty" jobs with aplomb. We got the fresh water versions. Water is no problem with our water maker.

Two happy Raritan and Marine Parts Source customers!:dance::D

Back
Top Bottom