Rescreening our Camano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TomandJo

Vessel Make
Camano 31 2002
We have a 2002 Camano and need to rescreen the windows. I can't find any way to remove the screen frame short of pulling the entire window frame.
I would appreciate any better suggestions from any Camano owners out there.

Thanks
Tom

We have a 2002 Camano and need to rescreen the windows. I can't find any way to remove the screen frame short of pulling the entire window frame.
I would appreciate any better suggestions from any Camano owners out there.

Thanks
Tom

Not familiar with the Camano windows, but many screen frames that slide are either tensioned in place with a spring mechanism or a cord slid between the track and the screen frame.

You might try posting some pictures of the window and around the perimeter of the screen frame.

Ted

Agree with Ted. You might try lifting the screen frame to see if is moves at all. May need to slide them slightly from the normal position. If it moves then likely spring loaded as Ted indicates and lifting should allow removing the screen frame.

Tom - I'm currently working on the exact same thing with my Camano 31. Did you find a solution? At the moment I don't see any wiggle room within the frame to remove the screen and am thinking that the inner window frame will need to be unscrewed, hopefully without losing the outer frame into the bay in the process. I'll let you know what I find if you've not figured it out yourself.

Derek
M/V SeaKer

Hi Derek
The removable sections are on the top, above the window. I moved both windows and the screen to the right side, removed the rubber seal from the top left corner of the window. The black plastic slide on the upper track can be popped loose with a sharp knife edge. It is in three pieces on my windows. Slide the back plastic slide out then the other slides will follow and you will have enough room to raise the screen and remove it from the bottom. Hope this makes sense. The black plastic slides just snap back in place after you replace the screen. Hope this helps.

Thanks Tom. I had actually just found this myself and was going to post it here when I saw your reply. My situation was the same with the three sections of upper track. Thanks again!

Back
Top Bottom