selene 53 twin cummins

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cfr

Veteran Member
Hi i am looking at a selene 53 from 2005 with twin cummins bta 330 hp. I read a lot about the small issues with the cummins like aftercooler and the seawaterpump. Is it possible to maintain the twin cummins in the ER properly. From the pictures it looks quite narrow on the outside of the engines. i think 330 is too much at all but there are not many choices on the market. at least the engine is still a mechanical one which i prefer.
carsten

The aftercoolers are not a problem IF you service them regularly. The seawater pumps are an easily solved problem by replacing them with SMX pumps. I replaced my seawater pumps with SMX pumps a couple of years ago, i replaced one aftercooler and put a new core in the other one since I don’t think they had ever been serviced since new in 1998 but my boat is a freshwater boat. I have the 450 HP 6CTAs but the servicing is similar. Check out Tony Athens website. He is the guru on Cummins. Sbmar.com

Rock solid engines. Easy to self service if you have basic skills. My preferred engine brand.

thks i have the skills, maybe someone with a selene will join reg the available space. i am not afraid in working on a cummins but if you can not reach the water pump it can be pita

Back
Top Bottom