Slow Hot Water Flow, Moen Fixtures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sum escape

Vessel Name
Sapphire
Vessel Make
Tiara 53 Fly
Hot water pressure is fine in galley and showers. Two heads have the attached Moen fixtures and hot water literally trickles out. This has developed over time so I am assuming there is a filter screen somewhere in the fixture (or perhaps a flow adjustment?). Nothing evident under sink cabinet. Any hints?
Moen.jpg

You tube

Looks like YouTube is my friend once again. Internal flow restrictors likely need cleaning. Found a YouTube on a similar fixture and will try that fix...after a few other more pressing seasonal start up issues that will take my time:)

Surprised flow restrictor would only effect hot water. I would think you've got a kinked hose somewhere.

I know you said nothing evident under the cabinet, but I had a similar issue. Issue was the PEX style feed line was too long so the hoses from the faucet kinked (at least the hot water did). Solution was pretty simple - shorten the PEX line to allow the faucet hose more room.

But that was pretty obvious under the sink. Somewhere, you've got a kink in your hose.

Good luck.

Peter

Peter,
Thanks for your suggestion. I still think it is a filter/restrictor issue of some sort as one head faucet started slowing last year (now just a trickle) and the other head started slowing this year. I'll check your theory too once I get into the project. I'll post the solution once resolved. Thanks.

Fix Completed

After digging further behind access panels, found the end of the faucet supply lines. Took apart the connection finding a small plugged filter screen in the hot water line. All is well now after a cleaning.

You found an inline hidden away filter just for the hot water? Is there a similar one for the cold. If not then have to wonder why.

The water heater may be scaling up causing only the hot side pipes to clog. Happens often in residential water heaters, that's why they have a drain you're supposed to open periodically. Most people don't do it though.

Common problem on hot water side usually caused by rust particles from tank clogging hose connections.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom