Source of side vents on Mark 1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Doodie99

Vessel Name
Winters Obsession
Vessel Make
Mainship Mark 1
I have a broken side vents and wish to replace them the dimensions are outside is 24.5 long and width is 5.5. The hole size is 22.5x3.5. They are likely PVC or other plastic that cracked and broken in many places so replacing is on my ttd list. Any recommendations?

I haven't needed to replace ours *yet* but I had this site bookmarked for a vent source. I don't remember if I stumbled across the site or if they were recommended by a Mainship owner. They look close to what mainship used but I'm not sure of the exact fit. Scroll down for the vent to which I'm referring.
We have 2 vents installed butt to butt on the starboard side and 3 on the port. The third is not factory & was added by a previous owner to vent a household AC unit that was built in to the outboard cabinet in the salon. It worked ok but it was too small to cool the boat and we wanted the storage space anyway. I tore it out right away. Thank goodness the PO had the decency to keep the teak cabinet door. We found it stored under the berth.

https://detmarcorp.com/product/vents/

I suspect a good sheet metal shop can fabricate the vents if they have something to work from.

Back
Top Bottom