Sp 135 throttle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SIBERNUT

Guru
I emailed Brian, and I did not get a satisfactory answer. Maybe my fault. Anyway, here goes
I thought the throttle linkage was bound up, sitting 10 yrs. Tracked it back to the governor. The arm at rest idle is at clock face 11. It moves to 1 and stops. Needs more travel. Quadrant now is only half throttle, straight up. Disconnected cable. Quadrant now is free. Is this a safety so it can't be started at high rpm's? Maybe till governor sees oil pressure or something? Want to get it running, but safely. HELP APPRECIATED!

I never really got good, or any, responses by email from AD. I always called and then got great results. Just don’t try calling on Mondays.

Had same problem, same engine. If you remove the whole mechanism from the dash & look inside, the levers have several holes in them that the cables attach to with pins. My cables to the engine were at the outermost hole from center. By moving the pin 2 holes closer to the center of the lever, you will get more lever travel. Do it only on the lower station and the cable to the engine only.

Back
Top Bottom