Starlink Update

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Alaskan Sea-Duction
Vessel Make
1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
So just wanted to give you an update. We installed Starlink before we left the winter dock. I have Gen 3 with the Mobile/Roam package and I am running it off of my inverter. Since we have left home I had to adjust the orientation of the antenna only once. I also just turn off the power strip when we are in motion/travelling. We are currently in Northern BC and it is running great.

So I don't understand why folks are wanting to modify their system. So far, at least with us it works as advertised.

ASD

Antenna.jpg

Btw, the iPhone app now has a setting to make the antenna stay flat. I've been fooling around with it down here in Baja and honestly haven't noticed any difference from the "normal", tilted, orientation.

Btw, the iPhone app now has a setting to make the antenna stay flat. I've been fooling around with it down here in Baja and honestly haven't noticed any difference from the "normal", tilted, orientation.
I saw that in the android app as well. Online at starlink I read that is for in motion. Have not had to test it. I did see the dish go flat and still have service.
While mostly mine tilts North, it was facing east a few days ago with full service.

Back
Top Bottom