Stripe on bridge front

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SIBERNUT

Guru
Phelps (soon to be "Green Bananas") has a stripe around bridge. Painting, have to decide soon whether to replace it or not. Whaddya think ? Don't see many with stripe, but might look naked w/o one ?

On our last boat there was a stripe around the bridge and a big one on the hull. When I painted the boat I deleted the hull stripe and kept the one on the bridge. Here are some photos of after, during and before the paint job.

Attachments

• IMG_0066.jpeg
    IMG_0066.jpeg
    152.9 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_0016.jpeg
    IMG_0016.jpeg
    149.7 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1307.jpeg
    IMG_1307.jpeg
    191.2 KB · Views: 40
Helped a friend with a Seahorse 53 that had a stripe on the front of the upper helm to overlay it with a vinyl wrap. Easy to do using the cutting tape to outline the stripe and then put the vinyl on. All the materials are available on Amazon.

TKS! Id probably spray on the stripe 1st , then mask it off. Agree on your hull stripe, but I don't have one.

We rolled and tipped the flybridge and sprayed the hull. If you are using 2 part poly paint it is really easy to have the paint run under the tape. I had lots of runs under the tape when I rolled the stripe on. So I wiped it off and got some 2 part poly in a rattle spray can and sprayed the stripe. I could spray so the paint didn’t go under the tape as easily and did thin coats.

Changed our stripe from blue to green: light sanding, wipe with thinner, tape off, roll and tip with good quality oil based paint. No bleeds!

Attachments

• 1067122A-34DE-4745-A6D0-D18BDDF2EA3E.jpeg
    1067122A-34DE-4745-A6D0-D18BDDF2EA3E.jpeg
    132.6 KB · Views: 28
Thanks! Our Summer Star is a woody which went to Hawaii and back to Victoria BC in’72. Just crossed the Strait of Georgia a few days ago in rough weather. The old paravanes (stabilizers) came in handy, transforming the rock and roll into a much more comfortable motion. Paravanes pictured not in use.

Attachments

• IMG_2029.jpeg
    IMG_2029.jpeg
    161.1 KB · Views: 23
Changed our stripe from blue to green: light sanding, wipe with thinner, tape off, roll and tip with good quality oil based paint. No bleeds!
Tacklow, can you post more pictures of your vessel?

Here are some more photos of Summer Star

Attachments

• IMG_1790.jpeg
    IMG_1790.jpeg
    154.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_1776.jpeg
    IMG_1776.jpeg
    163.9 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1706.jpeg
    IMG_1706.jpeg
    230.5 KB · Views: 12
Back