Swim Platform - MS 400

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What is the hull identification number? Also, what side is the galley cabinetry located on, port, or starboard?

USMPTND299C708

Galley is to starboard.

I looked 5 other MS400s listed online, and all 5 had the typical "thin" swim platform.
After looking closely at the pic posted of the top side of yours, I notice the typical smooth gelcoat stripe that separates sections of non-skid just aft of the one large hatch cover. I am guessing, but believe your platform with enclosed storage/water compartment has possibly fabricated using the factory platform as the topic top piece and the balance (sides & bottom added to it. Those large hatch covers are roughly covering what would be the open "slits" in a factory platform.

The swim ladder also appears to be exactly as it sits in the factory platform, but in your case, a pocket to enclose it has been built around the ladder.

All very subjective guessin, but further inspection of the inside from the large hatches might confirm it if it makes any difference to you.

Last edited:
The HIN indicates a 2008 model completed in May 2007

I have not seen another 2007 or 2008 model MS 400 with an integral swimstep in my travels from Texas to the FL, Keys and three cruises up in the Chesapeake. It may provide additional buoyancy and reduce the "squaut" the occurs on my and many other MS 400s once you add a dingy and motor and full fuel and water tanks. If it doesn't have the leak problems found on many of the 390 models you might consider it a plus.

Last edited:
I’m starting to think of it that way. :socool:

I walked by a 400 at the dock a few days ago, and I'm pretty sure it had an integrated platform like the boat for sale. Maybe there was a refresh in the design along the way?

Sent from my moto g play (2021) using Trawler Forum mobile app
I have to recant my previous testimony. After following the discussion I was curious enough to track down pictures on the internet of the boat I saw, and its platform looks like all the others :). Sorry.

It was the first 400 I'd looked at up close. Lots to like.

Sent from my moto g play (2021) using Trawler Forum mobile app

Well, I have a 390 and your boat is definitely a 400. However it has been modified. The swim platform is not a standard 400 platform and it looks a lot like a 390 platform. The trim tabs have been moved from the hull to the platform.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom