Taking delivery of my 38E in coming days -- pick your brains!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Ekornes Stressless with the fold out foot rest and swivel base has worked very well for us for the last 5 years. In the upright position, it can be slid up to the salon table for extra seating. I also like how the head rest tilts forward as the back is reclined. I put felt tabs on the swivel base (superglued over the rubber pads) to help slide the chairs around the wood floor. They are expensive, but the quality is superb. I had one of their recliners in my house for over 20 years-never had any issues with it.

They are on the starboard side of the lower deck. Here's a render for the washer/dryer compartment, with a view aft. Measurements in mm. The compartment is the first door to starboard at the base of the steps down to the lower deck. Also shown in the render is the small access hatch to the ER, to the right of the washer (down)/dryer (up) cabinets. The washer dryer make is Splendide. A storage cabinet with shelf and hanging rail are along the hull, as shown. The render distorts the space a bit, which is 4.3 ft square. Again, this a collaborative design by myself and Helmsman.
Very cool space to have on a boat!!!

I can’t remember the brand of salon chair, but will look. Super comfortable and fits perfectly. We also have two Ottomans under the table in the salon.
Ok, we got our Island Lounger and the two Ottoman's from Glastop Marine Furniture. They have worked very well for us, and fit the spaces. Here are the links. We ordered them in Ultra Leather Arctic white, which matches the settee color.

They are pricey, but have been worth the cost.

We replaced the worn out pedestal and footstool combo with a recliner from Lambright. Unbelievably comfortable and it fits in the space aft of the galley with room to spare.

We replaced the worn out pedestal and footstool combo with a recliner from Lambright. Unbelievably comfortable and it fits in the space aft of the galley with room to spare.

HtT, Looks like you got the RV version of the same chair we bought. Looks like the rice is the same, and the build, just one marketed to RVer's and the other as marine. They are super comfortable.

Looking forward to seeing and hearing about the whole process Greg. Our 43046 is scheduled around January in Charleston with H2O maker, Magnus Master, Genny. Interesting that you will be having the MM install at Zimmerman in Holden Beach instead of Zimmerman in Charleston. Our home port is near Holden Beach so please feel free to reach out if you need anything and Thanx for going first so it will hopefully be easier for us to follow.
KDT - curious what drove your decision to go from the Selene 40/42 to the H43? We are two hulls behind you with 43048 - also with MM, Genset, water maker, etc. We are having our first selections meeting around cabinetry and layout modifications this next week.

KDT - curious what drove your decision to go from the Selene 40/42 to the H43? We are two hulls behind you with 43048 - also with MM, Genset, water maker, etc. We are having our first selections meeting around cabinetry and layout modifications this next week.
Full disclosure; I absolutely LOVE the Selene. An awesome cruising machine in excellent condition (it's for sale!!) My wife really likes the openness of the PH 43e salon layout vs the aft cabin and in my mind, if she is more comfortable, than we will spend more time cruising ! I am also thrilled that I am able to buy a NEW boat...something I never really imagined before. And it is 1 inch bigger!

Full disclosure; I absolutely LOVE the Selene. An awesome cruising machine in excellent condition (it's for sale!!) My wife really likes the openness of the PH 43e salon layout vs the aft cabin and in my mind, if she is more comfortable, than we will spend more time cruising ! I am also thrilled that I am able to buy a NEW boat...something I never really imagined before. And it is 1 inch bigger!
Selene builds a classic and beautiful boat. We came very close to buying a 36 Europa before we settled on the H38E. We discussed the Selene's aft cabin and same level salon-ph helm, but preferred the H38E main deck layout, which provided 'get away' spaces when desired. We were totally satisfied and pleased when we received our new build H38E and absolutely enjoyed having her. The move to the H46 is because we want a more self contained trawler for extended cruising in the PNW and SE Alaska.

Congrats Greg, becoming the E Coast rep for Helmsman. Look forward to more excellent videos.

Just a comment on how the Helmsman new builds are shipped from the factory. Notice in the video that the 38E was shipped on a red factory cradle. My 38E was shipped that way in 2019. Very important little extra from Helmsman, that cradle. During loading and offloading the slings go under the cradle and not under the hull. A boating buddy had his new build NP 45 arrive not on a cradle. On offloading, the slings were placed under the hull. No one noticed that the aft sling was under the prop shaft. You can guess what happened. Under way at 8 kts, a lot of vibrations! Result: Haul out, running gear removed and inspected!! Prop shaft wasn't severely out of alignment but was straightened to correct any small irregularity. That eliminated the vibrations.
Helmsman, a top class outfit!!

Ok, we got our Island Lounger and the two Ottoman's from Glastop Marine Furniture. They have worked very well for us, and fit the spaces. Here are the links. We ordered them in Ultra Leather Arctic white, which matches the settee color.

They are pricey, but have been worth the cost.
Ahhh, I was wondering where the ottoman's came from after seeing your boat. They just seemed to fit so perfectly, like they came from the factory that way. Now I know! When I order mine, we will most definitely be getting those.

Back
Top Bottom