The SoS is out of the water...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SOS is looking better and better,,,, Bent is doing a great job... What size wheels did you put on??

They sure are taking their sweet time. I want my boat back! I think I've got David to stop adding to the list finally....lol
I think the decision is to go with 18x18.
The plan is to splash her next week and start tweaking the props.

Agree 100%. With certain narrower lifts, the yard has to use standoffs to protect the flared gunnels. No way am I going to delegate that.

Absoultely! It happened to our Defever 44. A yard with narrow lift did not use standoffs. We watched in horror as the strap on one side ripped off a 10-foot section of caprail. The yard repaired it of course and a mighty fine job they did but we did not have the boat for an additional week. As it turned out, that section of rail had a bad scarf joint so it wasn't a tragedy but Angus99 is correct. Standoffs should always be used at least on Defever 44's

Well after 2.5 months, we are finally getting our boat back tomorrow!!!!
What started out as a simple 2 week bottom job with a few extras has turned into a 2.5 month $20k job with a whole bunch of stuff added in. Yikes.

Anxious to get it back and start cleaning. We still have to do the bedroom which is all stripped down to bare fiberglass.

How fast did it run with the new props?

Oh and they installed the new AC's for us. They are so quiet compared to the old ones and it's nice to have digital controls that actually tell us what the temperature is.
They're supposed to be a lot more efficient as well. The PO's had removed the duct going to one of the vents in the salon and we had them add it back.
David went by there yesterday or the day before and said the thermostat showed it was 69 degrees. Wow.

Sounds like money well spent. You will really enjoy this Spring and Summer.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom