Transducer problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gonesailing13

Vessel Name
Graceful
Vessel Make
Marine Trader
Purchased a new chart plotter about a year or so ago at a boat show. The rep told me which transducer I would need and I purchased the two items. Had them installed at my local yard ( which is no longer there ) Worked fine for about a year, suddenly just stopped working. Tried everything but couldn’t get it to work. So this spring I had the boat out of the water I decided to have a new transducer installed. I tried a small transducer that came with the chart plotter intended to fit on the hull of a center consul. Plotter worked fine. Hook up the new thru the hull transducer - nothing. Am I missing something here. The plotter is a Lowrance Elite and the plotter is a Simrad /Lowrance transducer.

Take this question to The Hull Truth, it has a great electronics area. Lots of well qualified electronic geeky types hang out there.

Make sure the plug is clean and corrosion free, and install it with some waterproof grease.
If the cable runs through a nmea buss, clean and lube all the connections, and correctly terminate any ports that are unused.

Is this for depth or sonar?

Assuming you have a Simrad MFD, contact Simrad directly with MFD mdl and serial number and simrad tech will recommend a proper Airmar xdcr.

Can you post the model number and/or the exact and complete model name (not just name of the product family) for the MFD and transducer?

My memory is that for most of those if you change the transducer to a different compatible model you have to turn everything on and go to an installation menu and choose or confirm the data source. Alternatively, I think you can factory reset and a wizard will guide you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom