Trouble with boatdiesel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TBill36

Anyone else having trouble accessing boatdiesel. I know it went down a couple of weeks ago, but then it came back up. Now it's down again for me. Is it my brouser, or is everyone else unable to access it also?

I let my subscription pass for boatdiesel a couple years ago. Seemed to me the most helpful members moved on to other places like sbmar. The only benefit to that site was the historical information. The structure of the website is prehistoric as well.

I gave up on boatdiesel a number of years ago following Tony Athens’ falling out. I wrote several articles for boatdiesel during that period and one article referenced Sbmar as a source of specific information on servicing aftercoolers.

The owner of boatdiesel, can’t remember his name, wouldn’t publish my article unless I removed the reference to Tony Athens’ Sbmar.

I refused and gave up on boatdiesel after that. Good riddance.

It is sad, because at one time it was the go to source for marine diesel info. Now Sbmar’s forum covers Cummins thoroughly and Yanmar’s, Cats and Volvos less so. Maybe they will pick up the boatdiesel slack.

David

Back
Top Bottom