True LOA (w/swim plat. & pulpit) for '88 54' CPMY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steve940

Hi All,

My club has a length restriction for my slip and, if I "go over", it has to be very "minimally"...

I am considering an OA 1988 54' CPMY which is a thousand miles away and, because it's in the water, is hard to measure exactly. Do any of you kind folks with the same boat - or a boat on your docks - have a true measurement of LOA?

Thanks in advance,

Steve
OA owner wannabee...

Hard to answer this I have an over sized swim platform and the standard bow pulpit. My LOA is exactly 60’.

However, I could install a folding swim platform and I could trim down the bow pulpit bringing me down to 56’.

Thanks!...anyone with the same boat and the OEM platform?

Thanks so much for the quick response, TR1!

Any chance we can discuss how you would make platform fold - as well as any "heads-ups" for this year and model?

Thanks in advance,

Steve

This is from a Selene 49’. When it was retracted you lost 18-24” loa. It was a factory option in 1999(?). I believe Diesel Ducks also offered the folding swim platform as an option.

Attachments

• IMG_8338.jpg
    IMG_8338.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_8336.jpg
    IMG_8336.jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 19
Thanks for the responses!

Thanks for the pictures of the folding platform...and the welcome! :)

Tiltrider1, could I trouble you to take a measurement from the back of the transom to the edge of your swim platform?...and is your model the same year and "mold"?

If I have that measurement, I can estimate the true LOA of the 54' (without a platform) - if I have to remove it to fit into my slip - or even to see if I have room to create a folding platform...

Thanks in advance,

Steve

I am not exactly sure which model you are looking at. My model is called the Ocean 54. There was also the Mark I in 1988.

OA built very good boats. I have no issues with any of the factory work. All my issues have been with bad decisions made on aftermarket additions.

The Ocean 54 has center line fuel tanks that are so well protected that fuel tank corrosion is unheard of. Even it there was an issue they can easily be replaced.

Previous maintenance is your only real concern. Mind the fact that you are looking at a 35 year old boat. If all the systems are original expect lots of replacement requirements in the next five years. I have replace just about every electrical appliance between year 30 and year 37. This includes bilge pumps, fresh water pumps, engine accessories ( alternator, raw water pumps), stoves, refrigerator, washer dryer, air conditioning units, navigation equipment, radios, plumbing fixtures, door locks, lights.

Most because it wore out. Some because technology improved so much.

Thanks for the feedback...

The boat I'm looking at is an OA 1988 54' Cockpit Motor Yacht - slightly different from your boat which doesn't seem to have a cockpit...nevertheless, depending on your model year, the molds may be the same...

Could you or another member put the question of length with pulpit and without swim platform out on the Facebook forum - unfortunately, as a doc, I'm not on Facebook - and I'm not a member - and can't do it myself...

Thanks,

Steve

Back
Top Bottom