Underwater lights for swim platform

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonedoc

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
DOÑA
Vessel Make
Ellis 28
The admiral has requested I look into this in the offseason. I do like the idea of possibly not having to drill holes below the waterline. I’ve Google searched it but nothing recent comes up .
I welvome your thoughts and suggestions.

Attachments

• IMG_1304.jpg
    IMG_1304.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_2785.jpeg
    IMG_2785.jpeg
    141.7 KB · Views: 14
If your swim step supports attach to the transom beneath the waterline, the supports would be a good place to attach underwater lights. I recently purchased two, and that's how I am planning on attaching them. Then the wiring will be routed through the transom well above the waterline, and grommetted, or sealed with 4200.

Yes, it does attach with 3 brackets to the transom. Here is a prior picture before I switched out for the teak platform (found in trash at boatyard in bad condition)

I guess they are better submerged than above water shining down from under platform.

Attachments

• IMG_1784.HEIC.jpeg
    IMG_1784.HEIC.jpeg
    223.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2290.jpeg
    IMG_2290.jpeg
    91.5 KB · Views: 19
I have under water lights on my current boat and I had them on my previous boat. I think they are over rated.

More maintenance, another corrosion issue point and another place for barnacles.

Watch your under water lights. Many cannot come out of the water. They will over heat and burn out.
When you are moving I would expect to see the lights come out of the water.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom