View from the wheelhouse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Another view from the wheelhouse: a pod of Rizzo's dolphins. A first sighting for us! They are like ghosts travelling through the water. Some are almost white.
IMG_2008.jpg
IMG_2009.jpg

Looking up North West Bay yesterday morning, one of those beautiful winters days.

Attachments

• July Boating-2273.jpg
    July Boating-2273.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 88
  • July Boating-2275.jpg
    July Boating-2275.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 91
JDCAVE; said:
Another view from the wheelhouse: a pod of Rizzo's dolphins. A first sighting for us!
What an adventure you're having this year. Survey boat, Louise and now the Risso dolphins. I bet there aren't more than half a dozen on here who have seen a Risso on our coast.
I haven't.

Nice catch, where was that?

Here's the culprit. We saw him the next day. We stayed close together, dog on tight leash. She was very good and just watched as he came near. A bit spooky alright. Apologies for the poor photo.

View attachment 66661
Thanks for the wolf pic. Big boy! They interest me, I used to have German Shepherds. Closest I came to seeing one live and wild was a butt and tail disappearing down a slope off the road near Banff.

One of my favorite pilothouse-views:

One of my favorite pilothouse-views:

Mark

For a few days now, every time you attach a photo, it doesn't show. Instead there is this:
Photobucket

Today I paged through some of it and there are no photos such as your titles suggest. Instead you appear as if hacked.

I won't be trying to see what you have attached until they start to look normal again.

Happened to me, too, koliver. Photobucket apparently changed their rule re: posting http://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/s3/s3/s3/ HTML tags on forums. They're trying to sell us upgraded subscriptions to allow forum posting.

In the meantime, we're stuck with those stupid PB demand billboards. Strikes me as extortion, so I'm bailing on them completely.

Here's what I think of Photobucket...

[IMG]http://www.trawlerforum.com/attachments/photobucket/img_572451_0_139b396a7f7568f67c57ac4f26fe13d3.jpg

(There's an image shown now...we'll see how long they leave that up there...)

EDIT: I don't think that image was displayed 12 hrs before they took it down.

Last edited:
Mark

For a few days now, every time you attach a photo, it doesn't show. Instead there is this:
Photobucket

Today I paged through some of it and there are no photos such as your titles suggest. Instead you appear as if hacked.

I won't be trying to see what you have attached until they start to look normal again.

Photobucket wants me to pay several hundred dollars a year to share my photos with third parties.

Anybody know a better photo site. Two others I dealt with prohibited that.

What an adventure you're having this year. Survey boat, Louise and now the Risso dolphins. I bet there aren't more than half a dozen on here who have seen a Risso on our coast.
I haven't.

Nice catch, where was that?

We saw them in Crescent Inlet, north of the Gwaii Haanas boundary. It was a first for us and I confirmed the identity with the veterinarian from the Vancouver Aquarium.

Fewer Humpbacks in the Central coast this year. We saw a couple outside of Rose Harbour but none when we crossed Hecate. We hope to cross Hecate on Friday.

Jim

Haha it's not as good as when I was in the oil field, but it still provides a good life for me and my family.

view from my wheelhouse this morning 14/07/2017 :)
p.s. parked on the wrong side of the road too !!

Attachments

• DSC02780 (Small).JPG
    DSC02780 (Small).JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 86
  • DSC02782 (Small).JPG
    DSC02782 (Small).JPG
    88.1 KB · Views: 92
Last edited:
Green Island, just south of Alaska border, north of Prince Rupert. Taken today...

Attachments

• Lighthouse.jpg
    Lighthouse.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 82
My marina this morning (Montreal).

Love going to Montreal! My new avatar pic is in (Valleyfield) Montreal. We went up there to tow the new "Freedom Tower" antennas back to NY to be installed. They are the barge cargo. Manufactured in Canada. 3 or 4 years ago.

Last edited:
Green Island, just south of Alaska border, north of Prince Rupert. Taken today...

I'm reading Flo Anderson's Lighthouse Chronicles. She and her husband were keepers there, 1964-1966. She has some amazing photos of is structures from hurricane force winds hitting the Island.

view from my wheelhouse this morning 14/07/2017 :)
p.s. parked on the wrong side of the road too !!
Good grief, where are you? Still in northern WA?

Well perhaps not the most scenic possible images around, but I'm just happy that I got the boat back into the water after spending time repairing stuff during the spring and first half of the summer/boat season.

The images are from the first short (2,5 hour) test drive a week ago.

Attachments

• IMG_0807.webcopy.jpg
    IMG_0807.webcopy.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_0810.webcopy.jpg
    IMG_0810.webcopy.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0812.webcopy.jpg
    IMG_0812.webcopy.jpg
    158.9 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_0816.webcopy.jpg
    IMG_0816.webcopy.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Well perhaps not the most scenic possible images around, but I'm just happy that I got the boat back into the water after spending time repairing stuff during the spring and first half of the summer/boat season.

The images are from the first short (2,5 hour) test drive a week ago.

Whoa...that's one sleek/slippery/seaworthy boat you have there!

Whoa...that's one sleek/slippery/seaworthy boat you have there!

It is indeed slippery. It's also low and narrow. Space is certainly not one of the commodities. But I like it. Lightning fast. ;) 8,2 knots cruising/hull speed with just a little bit of throttle.

It is indeed slippery. It's also low and narrow. Space is certainly not one of the commodities. But I like it. Lightning fast. ;) 8,2 knots cruising/hull speed with just a little bit of throttle.

What engine and how many nautical miles per gallon? Please...

Hope I did not miss answers to these questions in previous posts.

Really Cool Looking! :thumb:

Sun setting in Active Cove slot between Patos and Little Patos Islands. Canadian Gulf Islands (Saturna and Tumbo Islands) in the background. Taken by fellow trawler owner Pete Peterson last night from the anchorage in Shallow Bay, Sucia Island in the San Juan Islands.

Attachments

• PatosSunset.jpg
    PatosSunset.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 85
Last edited:
Very very nice Larry.
And I'm not a fan on sunset pics.

Gulf crossing to Apalachicola

attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 80
These views are from my buddy's boat while on a whale watching run last fall. Although we get our fair share of sunsets here in San Diego, my favorite views are out at sea where the occasional whale, dolphins, sharks and pelagics surface.

Attachments

• IMG_2469.jpg
    IMG_2469.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_2472.jpg
    IMG_2472.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 66
  • porpoise.jpg
    porpoise.jpg
    66.2 KB · Views: 76

Latest posts

Back