Vitrifrigo DW 250 OCX2 Issue

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dry Dock

Vessel Name
Never EZ
Vessel Make
Hatteras 42 LRC
Recently installed a Vitrifrigo DW 250 OCX2 refrigerator/freezer. This is a dual voltage (110 Vac/12vdc) unit with separate compressors for the refrigerator and the freezer. Can't be more pleased with the performance with the exception of one little bug that I have not corrected (distributor, Vitrifrigo nor their forum have been helpful).

When 110 Vac shore power is disconnected, only the refrigerator unit powers up on the 12 Vdc feed. The freezer unit just sits with a blank look (no lights on its control panel). If you cycle the 12 Vdc breaker, then both units will power up and run. This phenomena also happens when you re-connect the 110 Vac (you have to cycle the 110Vac breaker to get both units to power up).

On some friendly advice from a local service tech, I upgraded the 12 Vdc supply from 12 ga to 8 ga to hopefully minimize any current/voltage drop to the units. The glitch is still there.

Any Vitrifrigo owners experienced this issue and willing to share some insight as to the solution?

Thanks in advance.

I'd start by checking voltage at the device. I'd want to see both that the supply that was supposed to be on had sufficient voltage -- and that the supply that was supposed to be off was actually off.

I'd want to check the voltage, especially the AC voltage, under load (and right at the device) This is to make sure that the voltage as seen by each device isn't lower under load due to wiring or connection issues and also, especially in the case of the AC that you aren't seeing a ghost voltage when it is off from inductive and capacitive coupling withbwires running in parallel thst are energized.

Ours is a fridge/fridge unit but never had a problem switching forv120V to 12V or back.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom