Voltage gauge

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gonesailing13

Vessel Name
Graceful
Vessel Make
Marine Trader
Have two gauges that weren’t working. Also had a bad alternator. Replace the alternator with a Balmar alternator and regulator. Still noticing that the gauges aren’t reading above 11 volts. Checked the alternator and at the batteries and am getting 14+ - volts. Not sure were the gauges read off of to figure out if it’s a wiring problem or bad gauges.

Have two gauges that weren’t working. Also had a bad alternator. Replace the alternator with a Balmar alternator and regulator. Still noticing that the gauges aren’t reading above 11 volts. Checked the alternator and at the batteries and am getting 14+ - volts. Not sure were the gauges read off of to figure out if it’s a wiring problem or bad gauges.
Time to trace the wiring from the gauges to see where they are reading the voltage.

Full disclosure; after 8 years of owning my boat there are still mystery wires that I don't know where they come from, where they go, or what their purpose is. However, I am much better than I used to be at labeling them as I find out.

Time to trace the wiring from the gauges to see where they are reading the voltage.

Full disclosure; after 8 years of owning my boat there are still mystery wires that I don't know where they come from, where they go, or what their purpose is. However, I am much better than I used to be at labeling them as I find out.
And your boat isn’t as old as a lot of boats here. Agree on cleaning all the connections. And check the wire size and make sure that isn’t where you are getting a voltage drop.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom