We all know the boat you own, what's your daily driver?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I just drug this one home. 1973 MGB-GT. Its a bit of a project. Most parts are in the boot. Came with a spare running engine and a extra 4 speed transmission. Its currently sitting in the garage waiting for my varnish work to come to and end. Plans are to install a small block and a 5 speed. Should be done in a few years....

Love it. I had a '67 BGT many years ago.

Daily Drivers

The Captain has a 2019 Chevrolet Camaro SS with 455 HP - V8 Engine and 10 speed transmission. Color is SHOUT yellow with a big black stripe - sounds like a race car. Hauls Ass. Quarter mile 12 seconds and 0-60 in under 4 seconds. The Admiral (poor pathetic Admiral) has a 2014 Chevy Impala with police spec engine and six speed transmission. She has a very heavy foot. We have a Chevy Silverado - Crew Cab Dually 3500 one ton pickup.:dance::dance::dance:

I like it! Looks like a baby Camaro, even down to the Hugger Orange color and stripes! :thumb:
Jim

It does look like a camaro... Yes, Hugger Orange, the stripes were Dover White.
And I sold it to buy a boat of all things! :facepalm:
69 Z-28 001.jpg

That was quite a while ago.

That's the daily driver, 2012 F-350, next to the other thing I drive. This was just a few days ago when we were getting ready to splash. Boat went in today.

IMG_E0976.jpg

Last edited:
Bought this recently, new 2019 Subaru Outback touring 3.6. We hate it, there are so many nanny gadgets on it the car has no soul. It numb with zero feedback. Make a lane change without the turn signal and it’s down right dangerous as the car will try and correct the lane departure. What a shame it has all this crap on it, but you can’t get the loaded model without the crap.
One mans opinion...

E2992-E76-3-C35-4-A40-8840-6-D638035212-A.jpg

LCA, LDW and the lane keeping can be turned off. RTFM, it's in the manual.

https://cdn.subarunet.com/stis/doc/ownerManual/MSA5B1914A_STIS_2ndPrint.pdf

Personally, the slightly audible LDW 'wub-wub' sound my Cayenne makes if I change lanes without signaling is a pretty good reminder to USE MY DAMNED SIGNALS. The automatic cruise control is amazing. The only downside is it's not terribly aggressive about closing the gap in stop-and-go congestion. It leaves 'too much room' sometimes and people cut in.

1995 jeep wrangler...I love her and would sooner give up my wife!

I'm pretty boring. I drive a 2012 Jeep Liberty that I bought for my daughter, that I inherited after I bought her something newer.

SAM_4206.JPG

Greetings,
Ms. WB. HAH! Try to take your go fast toy where a Jeep will go. Horses for courses.

Mr. (saint) tt. Re: post #145. What's your daily driver? Given your (saint) status, I'm guessing...

iu

Greetings,
Ms. WB. HAH! Try to take your go fast toy where a Jeep will go. Horses for courses.

Wifey B: Oh but I love horses. When we cruise, I go riding every chance there is. What a wonderful way to see some places. Not much riding around here although two women who work for us just purchased a ranch and are going to buy at least two horses. Small ranch, but fully equipped. Barn is even built to hurricane standards. Barn nice. House needs a bunch of work. :)

I'm a long time Lexus fan. Currently a 2013 LS 460. Pearl white with air suspension to isolate me from San Diego's miserable road surfaces.

Greetings,

Mr. (saint) tt. Re: post #145. What's your daily driver? Given your (saint) status, I'm guessing...

iu

I was hoping ghost was going to predict it?

Anyway, daily driver is split between a 2011 BMW 550xi, and a 2020 GMC 2500 truck. I'm guessing ghost would have predicted the BMW because it's pretty stereotypical, but this is the first one I've owned other than a 2002 many moons ago.

I also have a couple of project/hobby cars, but the subject is daily drivers, and they are not that.

Before the BMW I've had VWs, Nissans, and Volvos. I did have one Audi that was a train wreck.

The 550 has been a foray into fancy cars, and I have to admit that I really like it which is why I still have it. It did suffer the BMW V8 oil-burner problem, but after a lot of arm twisting my me and others (mostly others), they sort of fixed it. The dealer was a disaster, and its unlikely I'll every buy another BMW. Same for Audi.

Next time around I'll probably go back to VW. It's obviously the same underpinnings as the Audi, but you have a lot less $$ at risk if it's a lemon.

When the BMW was going through major engine work to address the oil consumption, I went car shopping on the assumption that the car was toast. Nothing sang to me. It was really frustrating. I'm tall and have long legs, and simply don't fit comfortable in most cars (non-SUVs or trucks). German cars are about the only ones with sufficient leg room, so that narrows the list quite a bit. Volvo's have also had enough leg room, but our last Volvo experience was quite bad, and they have been through so much now that I'd be hesitant to by one. I kept coming back to the VWs. They are fun to drive, have a nice simple and clean layout. I just wish they hadn't single-handedly destroyed the US market for diesel cars. I had two Jetta TDI wagons and absolutely loved them. The only issue was no 4WD or AWD, and that's a must where we live.

It’s nothing but crap IMHO, you have to turn it off every time you start the car. Automatic cruise control, LOL, what a joke. Funny thing, I didn’t know you owned a 2019 Subaru Outback 3.6.

You can use your “DAMNED SIGNALS” all you want, just stay out of Texas.

LCA, LDW and the lane keeping can be turned off. RTFM, it's in the manual.

https://cdn.subarunet.com/stis/doc/ownerManual/MSA5B1914A_STIS_2ndPrint.pdf

Personally, the slightly audible LDW 'wub-wub' sound my Cayenne makes if I change lanes without signaling is a pretty good reminder to USE MY DAMNED SIGNALS. The automatic cruise control is amazing. The only downside is it's not terribly aggressive about closing the gap in stop-and-go congestion. It leaves 'too much room' sometimes and people cut in.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom