Windshield Wipers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Water Colors

New to us MS 430. I haven’t begun investigating, but looking for advice on sequence of determining why our windshield wipers don’t work.
Thanks for any and all help.

Greetings,
Welcome aboard. For WW service I would start looking for power at the motor and trace backwards to the switch(s). As with ANYTHING electrical (IMO), make sure you have good, clean ground contact(s).

welcome ! Our 2006 MS 34T has a solenoid under the upperhelm. May want to check that first( The solenoid) controls the water flow direct from the fresh water tank for washer fluid, we winterize the hoses as well.. Our 3 wipers have individual toggle switch on the lower helm panel ( They do all have fuse )

Mainship had a habit of requiring you to energize multiple switches to turn some systems on. This may not be the same on your model, but on a 400 there is a set of breakers behind the lower steering wheel that must be energized to enable you to turn on the wipers with the upper switches.

Note also that the nav lights and the trim tabs also have breakers. For 3 years I figured my trim tabs didn't work as I almost always drive from the flybridge, but then I discovered the additional breaker and now they do work.

Since each wiper has its own motor its unlikely they all failed at once. Try checking to see if you have a similar breaker panel somewhere.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-12-17 101951.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-12-17 101951.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 21
Back
Top Bottom