Winterizing in Portland

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Taras

Vessel Make
49' Kha Shing Europa
Hi All,
I'll be moving my boat to Portland, Oregon early October to a covered slip (PacMar) on the Columbia River. I was wondering if any of you have experience over the winter there and what systems you found necessary to winterize?
Your advice is always appreciated!
Taras

What boat do you have to move to Portland? I see you are listed as currently boatless.

I am at St Helens. I have fully winterized one year in the last 5. It was based on a forecast of several days in the teens. Normally I just drain the seawater wash down system. I do the wash down hoses separately since they don’t drain when disconnected. We do run a couple small round west marine heaters and a small dehumidifier during the winter.

We had a SeaRay 400 express there for 3 years. Kept low heat on in cabin and engine space ( no way to call it a room). First year outside, second under cover was really cold as the roof didn't allow solar gain and it was always river temp under cover. Third year back outside. The boat did fine but we did close through hulls as a precaution and drained strainers to heat exchanger.
Hollywood

Back
Top Bottom