Xantrex 1800 Inverter Flickering Output

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Osprey69

Vessel Name
Rogue
Vessel Make
Gulfstar 49 MY
New house batteries (9/23), no error codes, voltage is fine.

Lights now flicker when inverter powered up. LED or incandescent.

Any experience "fixing" this. After waiting an hour on hold with Xantrex was to told to reset it by turning off batteries for two hours. Nope. Still flickering.

Not under warranty anymore even though it is only two years old. Not happy. Replacing with same unit does not feel good, but maybe the logical choice. Any opinions out there as to alternative brands?

Thanks in advance.

In my experience xantrex equipment is poor quality to meet a price point. I no longer purchase their products.

My current inverter is Magnum. However, I now find Victron to be the most reliable source of quality inverter/chargers. I have no issues with Magnum and their after sale support was excellent. They just have not been as innovative as Victron.

We no longer use Xantrex products.

We had the very same problem and was on hold for a while several times. I finally got a support technician on the line that told me to take a rubber mallet and hit it hard on each side and then call him back! We hit it with the mallet and called Victron for a new one.

We no longer use Xantrex products.

We had the very same problem and was on hold for a while several times. I finally got a support technician on the line that told me to take a rubber mallet and hit it hard on each side and then call him back! We hit it with the mallet and called Victron for a new one.

I have a 90s-era Xantrex 2500. It's so old they now refuse to support it at all.

When we first got the boat, it was making all kinds of clicking noises, and the lights would flicker on shore power. I called them several times and was always refused any kind of support until finally, one person said exactly that - hit it with a mallet a few times. He said this was always the solution for getting the switches inside to stop clicking...

As a consequence, I don't trust the unit - at all. We are now living aboard in the yard, running solely on DC with solar and two extension cords. Today is the day I finally bypass the Xantrex to get our shore power back online and add a Victron 25 amp dedicated charger to the house batteries.

The future rebuild of the electrical system will include LiFePO4 batteries and a Victron inverter/charger.

No more Xantrex.

Back
Top Bottom