Yanmar 370 heat exchanger leak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thirsty boy

Vessel Name
Thirsty Boy
Vessel Make
Mainship 34' Pilot
I have a 2006 Yanmar 6LY2A 370hp. I am trying to find out about a point on the heat exchanger that is leaking. On the part diagram, it is called out as a locate pin, #27. At this point I cannot find any information about it. Do any of you know what this is.

7 Days and no one yet?

Post some good, clear photos of the parts manual page that shows the part in question. Be sure it is readable. Tell us the part list number. Ah, I see you did.

THere are people here that could make a good suggestion but untill we actually see it nobody can suggest a part name or function.

I might but unless I see it I won't even start guessing

I have not done any repairs yet. What I think was happening was after taking the coolant cap off, the expansion tank tube was draining back to the motor and over the cap lip, to the inside of the manifold. It was not really noticeable. The coolant made is way under the heat exchanger bracket and into bilge. Because of that, the tank was drawn down below he safe level. I have cleaned it all and am monitoring.

I called Yanmar and the locate pin #27, Is only a tab to position the heat exchanger into the bracket

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom