Yanmar 440 6LYSTP High Oil pressure

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Swinkles

I was wondering if the person with high oil pressure in their Yanmar engine figured out what was wrong.
We have high oil pressure also and are trouble shooting the problem with the Yanmar mechanic.
Thanks

I suggest that you go to Boat Diesel Forums and ask there also. The forum is much more oriented to the engines and running gear.
You can ask as a guest but a minimal membership is $25.

Wiring problems can skew a guage into fooling you. Have you installed a mechanical pressure guage to check that the dash electric guage is correct. It may not be correct. Years ago I had trouble with my pressure guages, different boat, and it was the guage wiring. I figured it out by switching wiring between guages.

Loose connections, dirty or corroded connections , poor improperly done crimps
can all throw any guage off.

I suggest that you go to Boat Diesel Forums and ask there also. The forum is much more oriented to the engines and running gear.
You can ask as a guest but a minimal membership is $25.

Wiring problems can skew a guage into fooling you. Have you installed a mechanical pressure guage to check that the dash electric guage is correct. It may not be correct. Years ago I had trouble with my pressure guages, different boat, and it was the guage wiring. I figured it out by switching wiring between guages.

Loose connections, dirty or corroded connections , poor improperly done crimps
can all throw any guage off.

Thanks, cross wired the engines, put a gauge on the engine, It is high oil pressure. Still looking for the problem.

I agree on boatdiesel.com. They have a welth of knowledge there on engines.

Try a new sensor or even swap the actual sensors since it appears not to be gauge-related.

I was wondering if the person with high oil pressure in their Yanmar engine figured out what was wrong.
We have high oil pressure also and are trouble shooting the problem with the Yanmar mechanic.
Thanks
1. Did a visual on an oil sample yield information?

2. Pressure relief valve- have you gotten this far in your trouble shooting?

Back
Top Bottom