Yet another fresh water pump thread…

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UrsusMaritimus

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Midnight Sun
Vessel Make
1985 Hershine 42 Sundeck
My trawler came with a Shurflo water pump (unsure of the model), that was incredibly loud and lacking in pressure and water flow. I have been searching for a good replacement for some time now, and in the meantime I have resorted to a cheap Amazon RV pump that is both quiet, and has good pressure and flow. The problem is that this pump fails rather quickly. Amazon has been good about it, and has sent replacements numerous times, but I don’t want to keep replacing the pump every 6 months or so.

So, I am searching for a quality pump that has a good flow rate and good pressure, and is also quiet. I’d love to hear from the forum members here who love their pumps. What are my options?

Thanks!

My trawler came with a Shurflo water pump (unsure of the model), that was incredibly loud and lacking in pressure and water flow. I have been searching for a good replacement for some time now, and in the meantime I have resorted to a cheap Amazon RV pump that is both quiet, and has good pressure and flow. The problem is that this pump fails rather quickly. Amazon has been good about it, and has sent replacements numerous times, but I don’t want to keep replacing the pump every 6 months or so.

So, I am searching for a quality pump that has a good flow rate and good pressure, and is also quiet. I’d love to hear from the forum members here who love their pumps. What are my options?

Thanks!
I would start by looking at what the specs are on the Amazon pump that works so well. Then look for a pump from a quality manufacturer that has similar specs. Not sure what "quality" means in this context, but I'm sure you will get lots of opinion. I would tend to look at ShurFlo and Whale, only because I've used both of those successfully in the past.

I'd be interested in seeing those specs, too. I assume it's a gear pump, since it's so quiet. I've been thinking about going with something quieter, too.

The Amazon pump is rated for 6gpm and 70PSI, although I take those numbers with a grain of salt.

Based on the feedback I’ve gotten here, and other threads I have read, I am going to go for the Marco UP3/e.

Hopefully it lives up to the hype. 👍

Just ensure it is oriented that the motor is above the pump, like any pump should be.

The Amazon pump is rated for 6gpm and 70PSI, although I take those numbers with a grain of salt.

Based on the feedback I’ve gotten here, and other threads I have read, I am going to go for the Marco UP3/e.

Hopefully it lives up to the hype. 👍
Let us know how it works out for you.

Let us know how it works out for you.
Yes please do. One review I read raised questions about whether it would have the lift to service a sink and ice maker on the flybridge. I suspect it would just fine, but I'd love to hear your experience.
BD

Back
Top Bottom