racor drain fitting leaking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Unscrew the four screws from the bottom and pull the unit up leaving the mounting ring in place?

the racor store confirmed the top section is supposed to be lifted up, then the bowl itself lifted from the bracket. it's an obsolete model.

in my setup, the top body cannot be lifted as it's held by the by pass plumbing. if I unscrew the bracket, the bracket should become the bowl ring to be separated from below

but the separation might take some effort. during this time the racor will be held only by the bypass plumbing. Are those connections robust to withhold the potential twisting in the process?

it was a chore to get this clear bowl replaced. 3/4 of the time were fighting with the bolts and nuts on the bracket. i had to remove 3 bolts and loosen the 4th bolt enough so this twin can rotate to have enough clearance to remove the top section and lift the bowl out.

hopefully this is the end of the project.

I didn't tighten the brass valve up to 30 in lbs, didn't tighten the small bowl plug to 15 in lbs either. these torques feel too far and risk cracking the ports.

Image_20240327011340.jpg

Image_20240327011330.jpg

Last edited:
it was a chore to get this clear bowl replaced. 3/4 of the time were fighting with the bolts and nuts on the bracket. i had to remove 3 bolts and loosen the 4th bolt enough so this twin can rotate to have enough clearance to remove the top section and lift the bowl out.

hopefully this is the end of the project.

I didn't tighten the brass valve up to 30 in lbs, didn't tighten the small bowl plug to 15 in lbs either. these torques feel too far and risk cracking the ports.

View attachment 146667

View attachment 146668

==============================

could you post the link to buy that valve? vendor.item #

thanks

==============================

could you post the link to buy that valve? vendor.item #

thanks

Don't know where he got his, but racorstor.com has them.

RK19492.

-Chris

=================
great
thanks

I also replaced the check ball and seal. All from racorstore.

The same valve is also available on Amazon rk 11-1910, the thread is 7/8, fits 500ma and 500fg < 2002

Last edited:
I also replaced the check ball and seal. All from racorstore.

The same valve is also available on Amazon rk 11-1910, the thread is 7/8, fits 500ma and 500fg < 2002

===================

thank you very much.

Did you solve your battery charger issue?

The charger looks still working fine
I was wondering if I should follow a charging routine instead of leaving it on always

===================

thank you very much.

Did you solve your battery charger issue?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom