1986 Constellation 50

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Malcolm Cook

This is a new purchase and I am trying to source an owner's manual. Any suggestion greatly appreciated!

I wouldn't worry about looking too hard for an owners manual, but instead try to find the relevant manuals for each major piece of equipment on board. The "owners manuals" in the Murray Chris Craft years were pretty basic. I can't say there's really anything in the one for my 381 Catalina that has been important or particularly useful information.

I wouldn't worry about looking too hard for an owners manual, but instead try to find the relevant manuals for each major piece of equipment on board. The "owners manuals" in the Murray Chris Craft years were pretty basic. I can't say there's really anything in the one for my 381 Catalina that has been important or particularly useful information.
Thanks, a good point.
The major info I would like is an electrical schematic.

I have a 1986 460 that we purchased in 2013. It came with manuals for every major system but no actual owners manual. I also have several full size (like 3'x3') blueprint type schematics' including the electrical system. They should be fairly similar to your 500.

Unfortunately the boat is in storage in upstate NY and we will be cruising in Canada this summer before returning to storage in Sept. Best I can offer is to bring them home in the fall and let you borrow them over the winter. I will say that I have only looked at them out of curiosity as I had no idea what had been done to the boat in the 27 years prior to our purchase.

I'd confirm the general discussion so far. I'm a Mainship, not Chris Craft, but like the other responses, the general manuals are almost no help and that probably goes for a lot of boat makers. The wiring schematic on the other hand, that's one of the most important documents I have. Previous owners and service people didn't always honor the wiring colors, but even so, if you get your hands on a copy of that, it's gold. It's one of the first (oversize) documents I scanned to back-up because if I lost that, it would be a serious loss.

I have a 1986 460 that we purchased in 2013. It came with manuals for every major system but no actual owners manual. I also have several full size (like 3'x3') blueprint type schematics' including the electrical system. They should be fairly similar to your 500.

Unfortunately the boat is in storage in upstate NY and we will be cruising in Canada this summer before returning to storage in Sept. Best I can offer is to bring them home in the fall and let you borrow them over the winter. I will say that I have only looked at them out of curiosity as I had no idea what had been done to the boat in the 27 years prior to our purchase.
Thanks for your kind offer. I really need something a bit sooner as we are taking over ownership now, but who knows? I still might take you up on it next fall!

I also have a1986 500. All of the relevant manuals are in one large binder. Theres a general CC owners manual among them thats used across most of the cruiser lines. That was typical of CC for many years. Are you looking for anything in particular? I’ll try to help.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom