Acu-gage tank monitoring

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Inbreaker

Veteran Member
Vessel Make
Tollycraft 45
Keepers of the wisdom-
My 1994 Tolly came equipped with this system for monitoring fresh and black water.
It is no longer fit for purpose.
Which is to say, it's completely unreliable.
In an ideal world I'd like to keep the original panel with Tolly logo, but I expect that may not be possible.
Has anyone else found a satisfactory fix for this?

Looks like it's time for a new system. SCAD tank level monitors are top rated, reasonably priced and available from a variety of retailers including Amazon. Sensors attach to the outside of any tank material except metal, and they offer a "kit" for metal tanks. Scad Tank Monitors

--Peggie

Last edited:
Gobius is another manufacturer of tank monitors that attach to the exterior of plastic and metal tanks.

They have an wireless unit that displays tank levels on a phone or tablet.

Attachments

• Gobius_Pro__41929.jpg
    Gobius_Pro__41929.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Thank you both very much.
I was hoping to retain the original Tolly branded panel display, but I recognise that as wishful thinking. At least, I hope, I can reuse the original wiring and avoid rerunning it for three tanks.

Does yours have just the line of Red LED lights that show the level? Our Tolly has the Accu-Gage on it with those lights. I can't help but think that the lights get illuminated by the signal wire. Usually resistance like a fuel gauge.
Sorry I can't be more insightful to help you maintain the originality you are asking for (only had our Tolly for a couple weeks now).
My idea suggests keeping the original panel but have the magic happen on the backside of the panel to produce the desired output.

Gauges

In fact, the existing wiring us adequate for new gauges, although new sensors are required on the tanks. It also looks to me that I will be able to use the old 'Tolly' gauge as a base plate for new, smaller gauges.

Back
Top Bottom