Boat fire - La Cruz Banderas Bay.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mvweebles

Guru
Vessel Name
Weebles
Vessel Make
1970 Willard 36 Trawler
Third boat I know of that was lost this season. A sailboat that recently converted from diesel to EV reported some issues the day before. As he was backing out of his slip, he heard a loud pop and then fire broke out.

He was a full time livesaboard and lost everything except the shorts he was wearing.

YouTube video from a nearby boat who also started a GoFundMe. Brought a tear to my eye when I saw that Run Truffle - the Moody 49 that was lost crossing a bar in El Salvador - made a generous donation and offered encouragement. BTW - I traded notes with Rum Truffle and he's looking for a new boat in the Caribbean. Hes not done -

For those interested, the GoFundMe link is HERE. Even $5 would mean the world to this poor soul - just knowing there's a community out there means more than the money.

If nothing else, cruising is a "pay-it-forward" endeavor.

How terrifying! So lucky that it happened in a marina close to help, but not while the boat was tied up & could have destroyed neighboring vessels. It would be great to know any of the details regarding the electric installation & the issues he was having prior. Yikes.

Back
Top Bottom