Camano Cabin Door - Door knob and lock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nussbda

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Wanderer
Vessel Make
Camano Troll
I used a "commercial" outside passageway lock and a cover plate since the base bezel was smaller. I got both from a locksmith but later realized Home Depot carried them. I couldn't source the original lock either. Dave

And the photo 20230901_090406.jpg

Post the model and the mfgr. of the lockset which will help others when their locks fail.
Also where you got it.

The brand I got is a Marks Entry Knob, and I also got a chrome plated back plate to cover the unpainted part of the door. Mine failed 7 years ago. I brought the failed lockset to a locksmith in Annapolis and he sold me the replacement. Afterwards I saw the equivalent at Home Depot.

Thank you for your help! I found that brand available in several sources.

Alex

Hi, Dave. Did the lock/bolt fit the door frame slot well, or did the frame slot have to be modified?

Alex

Camano Door Latch

Hi, Dave. Did the lock/bolt fit the door frame slot well, or did the frame slot have to be modified?

Alex

Hi Alex,

I did not have to modify the door frame slot. I don't recall if I was able to reuse the latch part of the old lock, or if the new latch fit. The only "modification" was the chrome plated back plate which just sits behind the door knobs.

Dave

Thanks, Dave!

Alex

That is just a standard exterior lock set (although stainless steel would be best). Mine is a "Best" brand which is a commercial brand that places like Home Depot are unable to make duplicate keys for.

It's quite possible that Camano used different brands at different times. They are interchangeable.

Brushed Stainless installed - slight modification from regular lock - used a 1/4" longer bolt.

Works great!

Thanks to you and the rest of the Camano TF team!

Alex

Back
Top Bottom