diesel heater parts upgrades

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

paulga

Guru
Vessel Name
DD
Vessel Make
Marine Trader Sundeck 40'
The heater's make is Hcalory.

From right to left in the photo below are my questions:

1. only 1 short hot air hose is provided. need to buy a longer one of the same dia. where is this type of hose sold? also need one more vent grille

2. the muffler is said to be not air tight. Does the muffler make a big difference? if so I will get the webasto muffler.

3. I remember a Wye fitting is better than T. where can I buy Wye of compatible size?

4. the supplied exhaust hose would connect to the muffler. so another one is needed to connect from the muffler to the through hull

5. depending on where the combustion air intake is, may need a longer intake hose. where to buy?

6. the fuel line internal diameter measures 0.16". but I remember some posts mentioned the fuel pump and heater fuel intake are 3/16". so the fuel line may be 3/16" id. what is a higher rated fuel supply hose for this?

Image_20240308214552.jpg

Looks like everything you have is knock-off espar. Measure the size and check Heatso.com. I've had excellent luck and good service from them. Even paying shipping out of Europe got my parts cheaper and faster then Esparparts.com.

Please be very careful with Chinese diesel heaters (CDH)...

This is a post I made a while back summarizing my experience with one:
https://www.trawlerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1214832&postcount=21

A couple of good sources for CDH info are these Facebook groups:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/358361758340771
https://www.facebook.com/groups/379844446256622

For things like ducting etc, good quality components are avail form the name brand heater companies: espar, webasto etc.

One vendor I've used is: https://www.heatso.com/heater-parts/

It's quite easy to find the needed parts on Ebay or Amazon. Search for "Diesel heater (part name here)" and you'll see plenty of options. I do recommend you ditch the green fuel line yours came with. It will fail soon. Get the hard nylon type.

It's quite easy to find the needed parts on Ebay or Amazon. Search for "Diesel heater (part name here)" and you'll see plenty of options. I do recommend you ditch the green fuel line yours came with. It will fail soon. Get the hard nylon type.

There are espar or webasto fuel lines of different diameters on heatsco

Is the green fuel line 3/16" ID?

There are espar or webasto fuel lines of different diameters on heatsco

Is the green fuel line 3/16" ID?
The green fuel line in your pic is very likely the kind that will soften with diesel and fail. The ID is much smaller than 3/16". What you are interested in is the OD. A bit of hose from the filter then over the nylon fuel hose.

I suggest you look at some YouTube videos for ideas and solutions. I think good suggestions on which videos to watch have been made in your previous diesel heater threads.

The green fuel line in your pic is very likely the kind that will soften with diesel and fail. The ID is much smaller than 3/16". What you are interested in is the OD. A bit of hose from the filter then over the nylon fuel hose.

I suggest you look at some YouTube videos for ideas and solutions. I think good suggestions on which videos to watch have been made in your previous diesel heater threads.

I watched some of John McK 47's videos. on the fuel lines the message is to use 4mm rubber hose with 5mm hard nylon tube (if using 4mm hard nylon, the rubber joining piece would have to be 3.5mm). The author lives in Australia where things are in metric. In SAE, what're the sizes usually used for these pickup and delivery lines?

Following a pdf found from another post, I purchased a 1/4" npt x 3/16" barb for fuel pickup from a manifold. 3/16" is ~5mm. but the pdf did not include fuel line specs

Yes, living in one of the last nations to not use the metric system has it's disadvantages. All the Chinese diesel heaters are metric so conversion is required. I honestly don't recall what hose size it needs. I do live near some helpful NAPA stores where I can take the fuel line with me and ask them to trail fit. Failing that I would order a hard nylon fuel line kit from Ebay or Amazon, They're all the same. Buy one with the bits of hose needed.

I watched some of John McK 47's videos. on the fuel lines the message is to use 4mm rubber hose with 5mm hard nylon tube (if using 4mm hard nylon, the rubber joining piece would have to be 3.5mm). The author lives in Australia where things are in metric. In SAE, what're the sizes usually used for these pickup and delivery lines?

Following a pdf found from another post, I purchased a 1/4" npt x 3/16" barb for fuel pickup from a manifold. 3/16" is ~5mm. but the pdf did not include fuel line specs

Back
Top Bottom