Dollar Amounts - High vs Low

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kinda odd question, but I'd thought I'd ask.

I've seen and read some low dollar sales of Yachts, where there are read flags when a boat is listed for sale, at lower price points.

Obviously buyer beware. And to be clear, this isn't a solicitation of buying advice per-se, just a general question.

Question is, if there are red flags for low dollar sales, can the reverse also be true? If there is a yacht for sale that seems very high, is that also a red flag?

For example I found a Yacht, that I HAD been seeing in the 100k-200k range on average. However, this one, same year range, same model, everything... But was listed for seven figures. I looked at it, and was generally confused.

Some people have unrealistic expectations on what they've invested in their boat between repowering, a paint job, and new electronics.

That said, it only takes one buyer to think it's worth the money.

If it's not in your price range, just move on.

Ted

Why not to put something for sale 5x the real value if there is any pidgin to buy it? Nothing different then real estate.

L

There's the old story about the guy who's wife insisted they sell the boat. So he dutifully listed it. At 10x its value... :D

I sold a boat for 2 grand after I paid 6. Really good deal for the buyer and it worked for me too. Boat ran great, no problems.

Down market, middle of fall, and the slip was $200/mo.

If I waited until spring I could have got more I imagine.

But I would also be down another grand in fees for sure.

A low price does not always mean a bad boat

Back
Top Bottom