Dometic split unit pressures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boaterholic

Veteran Member
Can anyone tell me if Ihook up gauges to a split unit with R22 freon, in Florida with say around 92 degree temperature, what should my low and high pressures be?
I ask because one of four units the compressor is loud almost shrieking kind of sound. I suspect it is over pressurized and Would like to address before it costs me a lot of money.
Thank you!

Download a pressure/temperature chart to be accurate at the time you are measuring. According to the one I am looking at it is 173.7 psi at 92f. Unfortunately most charts are only going to list low pressure.
Suggest you check another unit for high side comparison.
Unless gas has recently been added higher than normal pressures are a sign of some type of internal restriction.
If a heat pump unit possibly a stuck reversing valve.

Can anyone tell me if Ihook up gauges to a split unit with R22 freon, in Florida with say around 92 degree temperature, what should my low and high pressures be?
I ask because one of four units the compressor is loud almost shrieking kind of sound. I suspect it is over pressurized and Would like to address before it costs me a lot of money.
Thank you!
You should be seeing about 12deg superheat. Should have a split of about 20 degrees. Region is irrelevant. If any of this doesn’t make sense, you may be in over your head and probably need an experienced tech to run a diagnostic. There’s more to it than just hooking up a set of gauges. R22 is becoming very difficult and outrageously expensive to come by, so that's a driver in the process. Compressor noise can be correlated to what your gauges are telling you, but it requires experience to make those calls. Unfortunately, that experience is nearly impossible to convey in a forum post. No offense, but you need to recognize your limitations. From the tech perspective, it can be more complicated (and more $$$) to follow up on a DIY effort gone sideways than to deal with a problem that hasn't been compounded.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom