Getting Victron Multiplus 12/3000/120 information on NMEA 2000 network

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The Brockerts

Vessel Name
Moonstruck
Vessel Make
1990 Californian/Carver 48 MY
I'm running a Multiplus 12/3000/120 inverter/charger and would like to get the information gathered by that device on my NMEA2000 Network. Looks like I need a Cerbo GX device that would connect to the VE.Bus port on the Multipleplus and then from the Cerbo GX device connect a VE.Can cable to NMEA2000.

Is this correct? Has anyone done this or have a better idea?

The Brockerts

Yes, you are correct. 14. Marine MFD integration by NMEA 2000

You could go from the Cerbo using a ethernet cable to your MFD/GPS. Doing it this way the data will not show up on the NEMA network. For me data shows up on my Simrad MFD. Also I can make changes to the cerbo. But not sure what you want to do?

Yes the cerbo gx is the link to the nema network . You will be able to get it into the gamin 1 helm that way to view what is going on. If you cannot see or add to your mfd you can add a gx touch 50 to see all your data.

You can do it two ways. One is through the NMEA2k and the other is via a regular Victron RJ45 cable from the Ethernet Port on the Cerbo to the Ethernet on the Chart plotter. The first way is demonstrated in the video below at around 6 minutes. You need to order the Victron NMEA cable. I dont have a video covering the second way but I did hook it up. Doing it the second way essentially just mimics the screen you would see on the Victron Touch 50 screen and does let you interact if you have a touch screen MFD. Atleast this is true on my Garmin.

The NMEA data sent to Garmin and what Garmin has available is limited. If you use Maretron the number of available configurations and data displays is MUCH greater.

Back
Top Bottom