Happily joining the dark side

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Richierich

Hello new friends! My lovely wife, Laura and I are letting the wind out of our sails and will soon join the ranks of power boaters. Our five year plan of sailing from San Francisco, California to Mexico and the Sea of Cortez has just wound down and our wonderful Nauticat 43, Tally Ho is now listed for sale in La Paz, Mexico. Our new cruising area will be the San Francisco Bay Area and Delta. My first preference is a Mainship 390. Permission to come aboard?:)

Hello and welcome aboard Richierich and wife Laura. Can't say I blame you for going over to the dark side. At 74 years old I'm considering it too. We all get to that point eventually.

You are actually leaving the dark side.......

Hello new friends! My lovely wife, Laura and I are letting the wind out of our sails and will soon join the ranks of power boaters. Our five year plan of sailing from San Francisco, California to Mexico and the Sea of Cortez has just wound down and our wonderful Nauticat 43, Tally Ho is now listed for sale in La Paz, Mexico. Our new cruising area will be the San Francisco Bay Area and Delta. My first preference is a Mainship 390. Permission to come aboard?:)
My wife and I fell in love cruising our little Willard 30 in the Delta. If don't already have a copy, find Hal Schell's cruising guide for the Delta. Horribly out of date now, but what great stories and snippets.

A Mainship 390 would be a perfect boat for the Delta. Not many in California, but if you can find one, would be a great Delta boat.

Good luck and welcome to TF

Peter

Welcome into the light!

Attachments

• IMG_3708.jpeg
    IMG_3708.jpeg
    254.9 KB · Views: 16
Back
Top Bottom