Helmsman 38 PNW winterizing TECMA heads and LUGGER 85 HP Engine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

capran

Vessel Name
Honu
Vessel Make
Helmsman 38/Mariner Saville 37
From earlier thread, plan to drain water tanks via freshwater pump, drain any left over water out of hot water tank via drain at bottom of tank, hook up air compressor to water pump inlet hose to get most of water out of all lines... but then, Tecma heads new to us. Should I just hook up fresh water hose going to the water pump and put the hose tip into each gallon of RV antifreeze (so the pump will draw out of each gallon of antifreeze as the toilet flushes. (or could pour 5 gallons of RV antifreeze into a clean bucket, and put the water pump intake hose in that bucket), and flush once, or twice? also, anyone familiar with Lugger 85 HP engine to winterize? Thinking about just pouring RV antifreeze into the sea water strainer, closing off seacock so that what I pour into strainer doesn't just flow out. start engine and pour in a few gallons and then shut off. Noticed that even when the boat is IN the water, the heat exchanger empties itself , so when I changed the two zincs barely a dribble of water came out. Someone told me it is a self draining system since the heat exchanger is above the water line. But I'm thinking best practice would be to run the engine long enough to pump a few gallons of RV fluid as a precaution. Am I missing anything? (used to do that with my 35 HP Universal Westerbeke on a Catalina 34.) any and all help appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom