Key West Marina’s

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Grahambda

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Bom Dia
Vessel Make
DeFever 44 OC
Hi

We are trying to find a slip in the Keys for Feb and March, ok to move around if only available for a few days at a time. This will be our first cruise to the Keys before we head over to the Bahamas at the end of March , early April. Any recommendations would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

If you're visiting Key West by boat, you're going to pay, so step up and pay for the best. For my money, that's either A&B or the Galleon, both in Key West Bight. The facilities have always been first rate, but the added value is their location on the northern end of the Old Town. Being able to walk down your pier and step right into the heart and hustle of all that makes the Cayo Hueso experience unique - that's well worth a premium, IMO.

We stayed at Perry Hotel Marina 6 months, very nice. Probably$3k month now

If you want posh, A&B or Galleon. We prefer Key West Bight Marina, best value IMO. We don't need the shore based amenities the higher priced places offer, just a safe, secure place in the middle of the action. There's a Duval Loop stop about 400ft from the piers, right next to a West Marine. In slip pump outs (you just have to bring the hose cart over to your boat). If you can't get on/off your boat from the bow/stern be sure to ask for a side tie since they have both set ups. If you want free 'resort' pool time with live music - you're right next to Dante's. If you don't 'need' to be in Key West proper the whole time, there are lots of good options on Stock Island.

If you're going to be eating and drinking on the town, I highly (7+years experience) getting a Key West Bar & Restaurant card. Will easily pay for itself.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone , I’ll start ring around and see what’s available based on recommendations

Retired Veteran? If yes there is a marina at the Naval Air Station. May be worth investigating. I have not stayed there but am interested and also in anyone reporting who has.

There's also the Key West Yacht Club, inside Garrison Bight on US 1 (Roosevelt Blvd.). If you are a yacht club member from beyond a 50 mile radius, they reciprocate privileges. In their much funkier days long ago, KWYC rented transient slips to non members, but I think they've moved up in the world and discontinued that policy. Can't hurt to inquire, though. To explore Key West from there, you'd need ground transportation.

We stayed at Perry Hotel Marina 6 months, very nice. Probably$3k month now
Perry is now $4800 for the month of March, that’s for 44 foot trawler including power. However the marina next door Stoke island yacht club is $1800 cheaper trying to figure out if it’s worth the extra for the Perry hotel Marina, thoughts?

Many people either anchor out or try and grab a more as everything is so expensive here

My slip neighbor in Baltimore is on a wait list for a slip at the NAS on Boca Chica Key which is just north of Key West. If the OP is retired military here’s a link. https://www.navymwrkeywest.com/programs/2e66f2c5-f885-481a-8c48-74255891a53b

Since the OP has not replied I assume he is not a retired vet. They have 120 slips. $11/ft annual contract. That would be $3600/yr for my boat! I did not ask but I know there is a waiting list. At that price maybe years long.

Retired Veteran? If yes there is a marina at the Naval Air Station. May be worth investigating. I have not stayed there but am interested and also in anyone reporting who has.

I have stayed in that marina many many years ago. I doubt that the location has changed, so I can tell you it is pretty far from the center. But with a bike or a cab you can get downtown relatively quick. Renting a car doesn't make a lot of sense since parking downtown is rather difficult.
There was also a part where RV's could park plus they rent small boats for a small fee.
Prices were, as usual, friendly and service was military style. Don't remember if they had a commissary. In all we were happy there, it was a hell of a lot cheaper than staying downtown.

Naval Air Station Boca Chica to Downtown Key West.

Attachments

• Key West NAS.jpg
    Key West NAS.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 15
Thanks not a vet so unavailable to us. We did secure slips at Perry Marina and safe harbor in Marathon.

Good jump off/jump in point for Key West

.... I doubt that the location has changed, so I can tell you it is pretty far from the center. But with a bike or a cab you can get downtown relatively quick. ....

We won't stay here when visiting KW proper, but it's a good stop if you're staying to avoid weather, or waiting for a slip in KW proper. The "distance" problem is really the 'marina to front gate' issue. If you have a bike, it's not a biggie, but certainly not a walk you want to do when coming back from a day/night in KW. You can Uber or take the Keys bus from the front gate.

Back
Top Bottom