KK Expedition 68

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Attachments

• Krogen 68 Expedition Book-Apr-11-2022-05-54-24-43-PM.pdf
    2.1 MB · Views: 164
Got this file from kk. I really like the design, likely a late or 2024 or 2025 delivery if they can firm up contracts.

It looks like a pretty efficient PassageMaker if the projected fuel burn numbers hold up. It shows a 3000 mile range at 8 knots and even better at 7.5. I'm curious about a single 30 kW genset, much preferring two, one being smaller at say 12 kW and another at 20.

On paper it does look pretty competitive. It would be interesting to do a comparison with the N68 and 71.

It looks like a pretty efficient PassageMaker if the projected fuel burn numbers hold up. It shows a 3000 mile range at 8 knots and even better at 7.5. I'm curious about a single 30 kW genset, much preferring two, one being smaller at say 12 kW and another at 20.

On paper it does look pretty competitive. It would be interesting to do a comparison with the N68 and 71.

Definitely a second generator, I would think the 30Kw generator would run most everything onboard with a 12Kw generator for overnight usage. Slow to 7 knots and about 4800 miles. ?

Definitely a second generator, I would think the 30Kw generator would run most everything onboard with a 12Kw generator for overnight usage. Slow to 7 knots and about 4800 miles. [emoji106]
My 1983 DeFever 44 was built with two generators, a 12.5kw Perkins-powered Kohler and a 7.7kw Westerbeke. We use both depending on the demand required. Nice to have if one has the space which DeFevers do.

That's a handsome looking vessel.

I'm curious about a single 30 kW genset, much preferring two, one being smaller at say 12 kW and another at 20.

Primarily because of maintenance, I'd prefer a single genny sized for recharging a decent sized LiFeP04 bank. If I was worried about redundancy (aside from the Balmars and presumably solar) I'd look at a backup option using hydraulics/PTO. This is assuming using the newer soft start variable draw air conditioning units (e.g. Frigomar, Mabru).

Last edited:
Went through the brochure...there is a lot to like. If ever win the Lotto I'll order one up!

I still don’t like the tender on the foredeck. Works when you have a crew but… Though I do like it can be up to 17’ long. Also, what will the ventilation be like in the master state room? These two issues aren’t unique to this KK.

Went through the brochure...there is a lot to like. If ever win the Lotto I'll order one up!

If you win lotto, go ahead and order a matching spare - I'll be sure to keep it exercised and ready to go for you. ;)

If you win lotto, go ahead and order a matching spare - I'll be sure to keep it exercised and ready to go for you. ;)

Reading the brochure provided by Wdeertz made me walk over to the store this morning and buy a Powerball. If I win I'll buy this Kadey Krogen and a Fleming 85. You can use one while I use the other and we'll swap every now and then.

Well heck I'm going to buy a lotto tonight. If I win there'll be an order for the KK68, F85 and a N80. Will be fun to swap rides annually.

Back
Top Bottom