Main Ship Stair Treads or Non-Slip

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Newtrawlerowner

Vessel Name
PartnerShip II
Vessel Make
2003 Mainship 400
The admiral is suggesting some non-slip stair treads. I thought there was someone on here selling a kit for MS400. I was thinking something like SeaDeck. Any suggestions?

This is what we did on our 30’ Pilot II Amazon

Attachments

• IMG_8875.jpeg
    IMG_8875.jpeg
    187.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited by a moderator:
We used these on our interior Krogen stairs. With the white color, there was usually enough ambient light at night that you could see them.

Attachments

• IMG_8876.jpg
    IMG_8876.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 17
Questions for both:

Were these even the slightest bit slippery when wet?
And how did the adhesive hold? I wan to bend one of them 90d around a spot on the boat to minimize where my bike tires hit.

Thx

No slippage on mine, large sheets of material so easy to cut to shapes needed

Questions for both:

Were these even the slightest bit slippery when wet?
And how did the adhesive hold? I wan to bend one of them 90d around a spot on the boat to minimize where my bike tires hit.

Thx

They were not slippery at all. You would not be able to bend them though imho. They are too thick and aren't flexible enough.

In 13 years, I had to reglue a few edges maybe once or twice that lifted. Contact cement worked well. Once, I removed and replaced them when we refinished the steps. I didn't see or find any that were better.

Attachments

• side steps.jpg
    side steps.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 9
I like SeaDek. We put it on all the cockpit decks and love it. Not slippery at all and has stuck very well. Just put some on top of a chest freezer we use since our dog walks on it to get in bed with my wife. He loves the nonslip.

I have bought several sets of self-adhesive faux teak deck type step pads from a former MS400 owner who patterned the steps. I find that in Florida they last a max of 2 years before requiring replacement. His info:

Keith Capizzi
torturedevices@yahoo.com
(321) 271-4520

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom