Mooring/buoy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kwiley

Hi, looking for some direction in getting a mooring permitted for my bay front. I own a lodge on Resurrection Bay in Seward Alaska. 2 years ago we had a avalanche that blocked access to our community except by water. We were cut off for 6 weeks. We are a beach front facility and would like to permit the use of a mooring/ buoy in the event of another catastrophe. I have been in contact with the corp of engineers and they are requesting documentation, drawings, etc to get it processed. Ideally I would like to pay someone to do the leg work in getting this approved. Thanks

I can't help you with Alaska, but when I needed help with permitting a reconfigured dock in Florida, I hired a civil engineering firm with experience in waterways. They helped run the various traps with Army Corps of Engineers and the Florida Dept of Environmental Protection. Cost was around $5k, though that included a survey.

Good luck

Peter

I'd start with the Seward Harbormaster. That is usually the office that oversees public and private moorings.

You should start by figuring out who owns the submerged land where you want to put your mooring. If it’s the State of Alaska, you might not need a permit:

This talks about “personal, non commercial” use, though; I’m not sure if you’re talking about using this for your business. You might want to consult with a lawyer, just to be sure you don’t get yourself in trouble.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom