Nordic Tug 26 bilge pump question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DJK

NT 26-120 but probably similar on other trawler hulls.
I don’t currently have a problem but would like to get at the pump when needed. The pic on the left shows the rear of the bilge just in front of where the shaft tube exists (prop to the left). The large white hose on the left is the intake for the manual pump. At the center right on top of the tube, you can just see the 12 V bilge pump float switch. The pump sits to the left of that. The black tube is a conduit for the pump wiring. The pic on the right is taken further back toward the prop and shows the black 12V pump discharge hose.
I assume that most 26ers and probably 32/34s are set up much the same.
The question is; how do you remove/replace the 12V pump and switch? It appears to sit loosely on the bottom and can be lifted by the wire or hose but there is not enough room between the shaft tube and the side of the bilge to let it pass.
Am I missing something?

Attachments

• Bilge 1.jpg
    Bilge 1.jpg
    125.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Bilge 2.jpg
    Bilge 2.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 11
Our 26 has a remote pump with a hose down into the area you show. On the end of hose is a cast fitting that appears to have had a screen in it. A strum box of sorts. This piece also has what appears to be little legs cast onto the open side of the casting, likely intended for keeping the sludge out of the hose and pump..

Similarly, I could not simply retrieve this fitting from the lazarette bilge and had to disconnect the pump end of the hose and shove it all forward to be retrieved from the access panel for the shaft stuffing box located in the galley, just below the entry ladder. Make sense? I'm sure you've figured this out by now.

We are NT 26-130 over on Hood Canal. Would love to meet more 26 owners who actually work on their boats.

Back
Top Bottom