Reverso through dipstick tube (one time)?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JohnO

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Tsula
Vessel Make
Kadey-Krogen 42
Finally got a 3-valve gear pump reverso. Hooked it up to the genny and it worked great. Need to hook it up to my Lehman SP 135 through the drainplug, but first need to get the oil out so I can install the drainplug hose assembly without making a crazy 5 gal mess. Anyone run the Reverso through the dipstick tube? Would be great if I could use the reverso through the dipstick tube one time to get the oil out and then install the "permanent" drainplug adapter/hose assembly after the oil pan is basically empty.

The gear pump should work fine with some plastic tubing connected to it that fits down the stick tube. I use one with 3/8 OD polyethylene.

The gear pump should work fine with some plastic tubing connected to it that fits down the stick tube. I use one with 3/8 OD polyethylene.

Ditto

I used it a few times for the wing engine after building a suitable tube. It was always difficult to get the oil flowing, but with warm oil you may have success once.

I purchased an extraction pump and it works much better.

Perhaps borrow an extraction pump for the one time use?

I bought a small oil change pump for around $50 bucks to suck up the oil from my transmissions. I have to drain the oil into a turkey pan and then pump it up with the small pump. It came with the dipstick tube but my main engines are hooked to an oil change pump so I don’t need it for them just the transmissions.

Back
Top Bottom