Rocna at Amazon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JackConnick

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Paradox
Vessel Make
1991 Grand Banks 36 Classic
I'm not usually one to promote Amazon, but for some reason they seem to have incredible deals on Rocna anchors right now.

I just got a 25kg galvanized Vulcan for $650 delivered in about 8 days. Even on my wholesale account they were about $1050 locally. They have the full line, and seem to ship direct from the distributor, with free returns. Looks to be probably at dealer cost...

Rocna at Amazon

Jack

Jack great eye
just ordered ours, can't beat the deal. We've got a 20 kg Bruce knock off that's a little bent that came with the boat. It is moderately sufficient but I'm sticking with our 5/16 G43 chain and 5/8 rode. I'm sure that will be more than sufficient.
Thanks Jack for getting the word out
Cheers
J.T.:dance:

I have been waiting for this. Just ordered the 33kg Vulcan

I'm not usually one to promote Amazon, but for some reason they seem to have incredible deals on Rocna anchors right now.

I just got a 25kg galvanized Vulcan for $650 delivered in about 8 days. Even on my wholesale account they were about $1050 locally. They have the full line, and seem to ship direct from the distributor, with free returns. Looks to be probably at dealer cost...

Rocna at Amazon

Jack

That 25kg Vulcan seems to be the sweet spot for the deals. if you need the 25kg or 33kg get it now.

So I got the Vulcan installed and I really don't like how it has to sit on the rollers. It's highly curved shank means it hangs down pretty far. Also there no way to keep it from rocking side to side.
So now I start looking at the Rocna originals and find that there seems to be some much lower prices on them as well. I suppose because of the new II model coming out.
Amazon lists the 55# model at $833. But checking my West pro account, they have it at $757 in stock...
So check around, there seems to be some big fluxes in pricing on these...

Jack

So I got the Vulcan installed and I really don't like how it has to sit on the rollers. It's highly curved shank means it hangs down pretty far. Also there no way to keep it from rocking side to side.
So now I start looking at the Rocna originals and find that there seems to be some much lower prices on them as well. I suppose because of the new II model coming out.
Amazon lists the 55# model at $833. But checking my West pro account, they have it at $757 in stock...
So check around, there seems to be some big fluxes in pricing on these...

Jack

Keep in mind that both the Vulcan and the Rocna MKII are better performing anchors than the original Rocna. At least in the SV Panope tests, the original Rocna is one of the worst performing new gen anchors available.

Yeah, and yet the Rocna "original" is one of the most popular in Puget Sound. I think Steve does a great job, but watching too many of those videos leads to analysis paralysis...

Jack

Yeah, and yet the Rocna "original" is one of the most popular in Puget Sound. I think Steve does a great job, but watching too many of those videos leads to analysis paralysis...

Jack

It's been around longer than many of the other new gen anchors (other than the Spade), so it's not surprising there are lots of them out there. And it's still not a bad anchor, just that if you're buying new, there are choices that perform better, in some cases for a similar price.

We ordered the Rocna Vulcan from Amazon last year, after shopping the Seattle area & some online vendors. Great price & free shipping. It also sits in our bow pulpit snugly. Great upgrade to our old CQR knock-off. I need to learn to check Amazon first!

We found a Rocna 70Kg on Amazon four years ago for something like $700, with Prime free shipping, It arrived in a crate on a pallet, freight delivered. I kept waiting for an email saying "oops we messed up" but the damn thing arrived.

I upgraded to 33kg Vulcan last fall and replaced the roller with the largest I could find (4") https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M8QJ2H2/
* I had to trim the sides by ~1/4 to fit it in.

33kg Vulcan sits perfectly snug in it and does not rock if the chain is tensioned. It also self-lunches because most weight is in the correct position now.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Mainship430-1.jpg
    Mainship430-1.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 124
  • Mainship430-2.jpg
    Mainship430-2.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 124

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom