Saloon TV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Vessel Name
Dream Catcher
Vessel Make
1979 Island Gypsy 44 Flush Aft Deck
When we bought the boat there was a cool little drop down box in the saloon centered with an NEC 4:3 analog TV in it. Custom fit.

The not so cool was being analog it hasn't worked for what a decade?

But it had potential...

53489672311_8ef9730b3a_c.jpg

The antenna feed was in the box as well as AV feeds from the DVD player in the saloon. I removed the old unit and installed a wall mount bracket on the drop down and popped in this 40 incher. You can still access forward via stairs w/o banging your head even as deployed.

But yeah, it has to go away when cruising and it does. I installed the same wall mount on the crew cabin wall, the entrance you can see in the pic lower port side. Just pull the latch releases, lift the set, tuck under arm and take down stairs and pop it up on the wall.

Neat and tidy - :)

I've wanted to do something similar in my boat.
I have the TV, now I just need to build the drop down box for it. I already have the TV, just need to find the time to build the box.

By the way, I was planning to use a piano hinge and a pair of door latch-bolts to hold the TV up in the folded position. I would be interested to see what others have done for the folding mechanism and the latches.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom