Shane VanOrden

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeekingShane

I’ve noticed that my Uncle Shane is mentioned here and there in this forum.
Perhaps you’re aware, and if you aren’t- well he’s been missing since late summer- early fall.
If anybody has any information, leads, insight to offer - I’d appreciate any help, please.

Didn't know this. I'm very sorry, that's gotta be very hard. Do you have any circumstances surrounding his disappearance? If you know he left on his boat, or that his boat is missing as well, that info might reasonably enable someone here to identify his vessel should they see it.

His skiff is indeed missing. I’m not local to the area- far from it actually. I fear he’s had some sort of accident on the water and ultimately I’m praying that someone knows what his skiff looks like and at the VERY least- it’s spotted. Seems like a lot of folks on here may know of places Shane frequented.

I just want answers.. closure if that’s the case.
State Troopers have posted of his disappearance. Anybody is encouraged to reach out with information to them.

It would be extremely helpful if you had any details, such as vessel Make, Model, Size, Description, Vessel Name, Last Known Location, Your uncle's user name here on the site, etc.

Here is a list of all the users in our DB with the name 'Shane' in it:

AKShane
-> VesselName: Nordic Quest
-> MAke/Model: Nordic Tug 42
-> Location: Nikiski, AK, USA

SeekingShane
-> Location: Oklahoma, USA

Shane
-> Location: Houston, Tx, USA

shane barnaclerid
-> Location: Gippsland Lakes, AUSTRALIA

Shaneb
-> Location: Auckland, NEW ZEALAND

ShaneM
-> Vessel name: CJs Toy
-> Make/Model: CheoyLee 28
-> Location: Everett, Wa, USA

Shanemedearis
-> Location: Gulfport, Mississippi, USA

ShaneS
-> Location: League City, TX, USA

wallabyshane
-> VesselName: Gypsy Lee
-> Make/Model: 43 Cheoy Lee Motorsailer
-> Location: Gold Coast, Queensland, AUSTRALIA

Last edited:
ALASKA STATE TROOPERS MISSING PERSONS BULLETIN
Bulletin Issued: 10-26-2022

Shane VanOrden was reported missing on 09-09-2022 at approximately 1409 hours. He was last seen around late June or early July near Thorne Bay on Prince of Wales Island. He was reportedly hitchhiking to Craig.

Anyone having contact or information regarding Shane VanOrden is asked to contact the Alaska State Troopers in Ketchikan at 907-225-5118
and reference incident AK22095107.

https://dps.alaska.gov/getmedia/69a...Xk_M7WByBHcFgf-nHrDYcQQhiLvnnadfFvHjM2ikQ-ep4

I came across this site recently and I want to post some information. Shane was using a small green skiff with a black motor to commute to work. Leaving from a cove north of Ketchikan headed to Gravina Island. His skiff number is 1138AN. He's 1/2 East Indian so his completion can range from being light to very dark depending on how much sun he gets. Almost 6 ft 180 lbs., short thinning hair and a friendly personality.. He goes by his nick name Perce Dis and worked as a graphic artist. Before he disappeared he was working at any construction work he could find. Photography is his hobby.
I'm going to try posting a photo that was taken a couple months before he left

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom