Shout out to the new USCG eStorefront!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boomerang

Guru
Vessel Make
tbd
I knew our USCG vessel documentation was coming up for renewal but I never really gave it to much thought because the renewal notice never came in the mail. Last week, I checked the date and saw it was due to expire this month. I told my wife, Liz, since she's better at handling the paperwork side of things and has way more patience with that kind of stuff than I have. She got on the NVDC website and tried to renew it online. She couldn't find our boat in the database and gave the center a call. Liz said the lady at the center was very helpful and the the search had to be exactly as it was filled out on the document. Turns out she wan't putting my middle initial in the search since I'm listed as the managing owner. As soon as she did that, she was able to fill out the renewal using the online storefront.
Other than it being easier that the traditional renewal by mail, I received the new document in 4 days!
I highly recommend using this method. Finally, a government agency has simplified something! Miracles do exist.
Here's the link for anyone who has a renewal coming up.

Back
Top Bottom