Size of crush sleeves?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bongi

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Scatterlings
Vessel Make
Grand Banks 42C
On our GB42C we have CAT 3208N’s… and I need to add a crush sleeve to the CENTEK fiberglass exhaust intake which was cracked at that spot when I bought her.

Someone had over-tightened the hose creating a small crack with an accompanying leak.

I don’t salt water around there, so I want to seal that properly.

Would anyone know what size crush sleeve will go in there? It is marked in blue in the photo below.

Thanks in advance…

Attachments

• IMG_5653.jpg
    IMG_5653.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 31
I believe you are referring to the hose as opposed to the clamps.

The the term I'm familiar with is "hump hose" which has a bulge in the center area to better absorb vibration. The preferred ones are now hade of silicone and have a longer life and more flexibility. Generally the exhaust elbow and wet exhaust pipe are measured as outside diameter and the hose is measured as inside diameter. At that size it should be in full inch sizes. Pretty easy to eyeball it with a tape measure. If in doubt, cut a piece of cardboard to go over the pipe and measure the opening.

This is a picture of the water lift muffler on my boat. Both sides of the lift muffler have silicone hump hose and T bolt clamps.

20220811_135844.jpg

Ted

Last edited:
Fisheries Supply has Centex crush sleeves. They are sized to match the nominal hose/muffler size. 6 inch for a 6 inch muffler etc. Centex can advise you.

Yeah - thanks folks, I got confirmation from CETEK that is should be a 6" crush sleeve.

I will update here if it does not fit in case anyone uses this info if they too are looking for a similar config solution.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom