We bought a Tolly

The friendliest place on the web for anyone who enjoys boating.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goody

Veteran Member
Vessel Name
Sandee
Vessel Make
Tollycraft 34 Sport Sedan
Yep, finally went and done it. Bought ourselves a new to us Tollycraft.
We decided on a 34' Sport Sedan, moving up from a Maxum cutty cabin. She met most of our checkboxes, but like all boats, we compromised a little along the way keeping in mind that there is no such thing as a perfect boat. (I ever win powerball I will certainly challenge that argument).

I will say the entire boat buying experience was something I will hope to not have to deal with any time soon. It was an education for certain.

Sure, there was a lot of joy and happy thoughts as we planned our adventures in our minds, those ideas of cruising the San Juan Islands in our boat. But yet, then challenges would arise from time to time to bring us back to reality. Suffice to say, the exasperating, stressful, annoying parts of the entire ordeal I can do without. :banghead:
Was nearly prepared to walk away at a couple of points in the sale, but we eventually closed the deal and brought 'Sandee' home.
Let the adventures begin....

Out of curiosity, how big should the emergency oars be for this boat??? :D

Congratulations and then to think they say that the day you buy the boat is one of your happy days:)

I have seen the area where you will be sailing on the videos of MV Freedom, it is absolutely beautiful there, so am sure you will have many great days on the water :thumb:

Yep. I am subscribed to their channel. Along with some others as well. They own/operate a beautifully maintained boat. We'll be keeping our house though. :)

Welcome Aboard Neighbor and Congratulations on your TollyCraft 34!

Congrats on your new baby. How about some photos?

Here are a couple of shots I have on file of Sandee.

Attachments

• 00Q0Q_DX3ijUKgzc_1320MM_1200x900.jpg
    00Q0Q_DX3ijUKgzc_1320MM_1200x900.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 69
  • 00B0B_fpgNXnu7S5U_1320MM_1200x900.jpg
    00B0B_fpgNXnu7S5U_1320MM_1200x900.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 75
Welcome Aboard Neighbor and Congratulations on your TollyCraft 34!

Thank you. I've seen your Tolly while walking out to ours. :thumb:

Congrats. San Juans, both US and Canada arevery crowded. Desolation Sound and the Broughtons also crowded in summer. West side of Vancouver Island is great. Also Inside Passage north of Queen Charlotte Sound.

I am sure you know about the Tollycraft boating club, and that they rendezvous at Roche Harbor every year. I love the "single level" living of your boat. See you on the water!

Congratulations! That is a great boat! Text me if you want and I can share some SJI information with you. Mark Laurnen 720-480-8652.

Congratulations! Friends had one the same vintage as yours. Being at OH you probably have some island cruising experience. If you haven’t considered it, there are a couple of clubs you should look at. One is the Tollycraft Club, the other is Oak Harbor Yacht Club, or any other YC if OH doesn’t fit for you and your crew. It’s not about traveling as a pack, it’s about networking, activities you may not know about and friendship. There are discounts and reciprocal moorage opportunities that go along with membership.

Nice boat!

I'm sure you'll have lots of fun. Puget Sound has lots of good cruising areas, even in the winter. I second the idea of joining a group (or 2) of like-minded folks. I've learned a ton and had a ton of fun with Totem Yacht Club based in Tacoma

I am sure you know about the Tollycraft boating club, and that they rendezvous at Roche Harbor every year. I love the "single level" living of your boat. See you on the water!

Yes, we have signed on with them already. Looking forward to some of the meet ups. Good excuse to visit some of the destinations.

After all the time I spent messing with the wood on the cap rails of my 37 Tolly, I love the look of your painted rails. Wish I’d done that.

Congratulations on the new Tolly! We'll keep an eye out for Sandee in the anchorages of the San Juans!!

After all the time I spent messing with the wood on the cap rails of my 37 Tolly, I love the look of your painted rails. Wish I’d done that.

Thanks, but actually the rails aren't painted per se. The rails are just solid fiberglass.

Back
Top Bottom